Ratings for Dr. Frank M. Shanley

extremely friendly but cannot get medical approvals faxed in a timely way. Had to keep calling and calling to get a procedure done and just could not get it done , Finally the other Drs office is going to see if they can get it for me'

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I've been going to Dr. Shanley since his office opened in Denville in the early 1980's. I have received nothing but the best in medical treatment. In fact, I have recommended him to no less than eight different friends and relatives over the years and they all continue to see him. He is in the profession because he genuinely cares about people. He returns phone calls and has always taken a genuine interest in my overall health. I consider Dr. Shanley - and his excellent staff - family.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Shanley may be a reputable doctor when it comes to his medical knowledge and background. However, I've seen him degrade his staff and nurses. Because of this, I feel uncomfortable with the level of care he is able to provide and I don't recommend him to anyone. He gets anxious, overwhelmed, yells and is unprofessional. He does not return phone calls either. No respect.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

When I needed to have an ultra sound, it was denied by the insurance co. I contacted the office several times and they did absolutely nothing to help me get this approved. (turns out it was probably a code error, but no one looked into it). I finally left 2 messages to have Dr. Shanley call me and he never did.... this is why I will not go back to him. It is bad enough that his staff did not help, but I do expect a return call from the Doctor when I request it, this was unacceptable. I went to another cardiologist and they took care of everything and the pre-approval was a non issue.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Excellent and takes his time. Staff is great too. My entire family uses him as our PCP.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Rarely returns phone calls. He intimidates hospital staff, so they are afraid to call him with patient issues.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Fantastic Doctor! He is my G.P. and goes out of his way to be sure he gives me the best care he possibly can. He has improved my health with his very good care. I thank God for bringing me to him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Dr. Frank M. Shanley's Credentials

• Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Unicare