Ratings for Dr. Douglas Denton

The best that ever attended my medical problems. Excellent

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr Denton certainly will not win an award for bedside manner but he is an excellent surgeon too bad he is retired now.He preformed hernia surgery on my son many yrs ago and I was anoyed with his lack of compassion for me as a mom and my son as a child. However the surgery was a success and I have since than had 2 surgery's myself by this man.He is an exceptional surgeon with little humour however I have seen his soft side and he truly does smile (not often) he will be missed by me due to his retirement I just hope I find another surgeon as gifted as he was as I will alway's be needing to see one.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

I am a 15 year old girl. WHen i ahd my surgery i was 13. I am very unpleased with dr.denton. He is rude and unorthodox. I had a surgery on my head, first off the man wouldnt let my motherstay in the room telling her to "get out now" in a rude way. thebn i was crying obviously scared because it was my first surgery. THen when he injected the anethstetics i yelped in pain , of course him bveing ruse again. then after thwe procedure when he was stiching it up, he was litteraly ulling my head off the table. I was very mad and hes like "fine, i guess ill take them out and do them again" ion a smug a****** way. I will never g to him again. hes a rude un professional man, and doctors must have obvious experience btu ALSO the personality for the job.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr.Denton has been an excellent surgeon for both myself and my Mom.I trust in his skill completely.He will never win the "Dr.Congeniality" Award,but I actually did get a smile from him,once.He needed to do hernia surgery on me and I said...."I`ll make you a deal....only if you remove the mole on my breast as well".To my surprise,he agreed.Just before surgery,he circled the mole with marker,and I said to him"Mow.remember,just the mole....not the breast".I then actually received half a smile....so I know he is capable of doing so. In the end,what is more important???.....a skilled surgeon who is cold and curt,or a friendly smiling idiot standing over you with a scalpel?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

God Bless this man. He treats eveyone as his most important patient. He gives you his home number to answer questions of concern. He came in on his day off to do surgery on my father. Full knowledgeable. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Very good surgeon, although he can be distant and cold. He is extremley knowledgable and is very matter of fact. He just doen't seem to give the impression that he cares about his patients. If you require some compassion or emotional support you may want to request a different surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

My husband recently underwent cancer surgery followed with chemotherapy, and several CT scans - Dr. Denton, while likely one of the best surgeons around, could not deliver good news well, let alone unwelcome news. He was rude and abrupt and snapped at my husband when he asked a question he felt he had already answered. His bedside manner is horrible, to say the least. If you're looking for the human touch, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

I had ECTS surgery today. He was rude, abrassive and ignorant to my concerns. I have no doubt he is a good surgeon but he sent me on my way with little post-op instructions and did not seem to have the time to answer my questions. Also, I guess I happened to ask the same question twice and he was very very rude about that. I tried to be very polite and even thanked him for everything but he just walked away. I dread going back next week to have my stitches removed. That being said - I would go to him again if need be. He is a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

I am very pleased (so far) with the results of the endoscopic method of carpal tunnel surgery Dr. Denton performed but extremely displeased with the lack of information given before and after the surgery. There was extreme discomfort when the local anesthetic was injected into the wrist area (the woman before me was just about crying in pain). Not a word of sympathy was offered. In fact, he didn't talk at all. Also, I was sent home with basically no instructions for post-op. How considerate and simple it would have been to send home a sheet with some helpful information about what to expect hrs, days, weeks after surgery. No, Dr. Denton does not come across as a kind and friendly man and there is absolutely no excuse for that. Thankfully the operating room nurses were wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

I would and have trusted this man with my life. There is not a better general surgeon in Southwest Ontario. Be prepared with your questions, listen to the answers and you will be fine.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008