Ratings for Dr. MANJIT K. Risam

Dr. Risam delivered my first child who is now 20 years old. I was 19 years old when I had my daughter and Dr. Risam was very kind, gentle, caring and knowledgeable. It was because of her I didn't have another child until I was older, had a career and some schooling under my belt. She said, " no more babies until you finish school" and that's what I did and then some. Dr. Risam also delivered my cousin and was my grandmother 's GYN and she also saw Mr. Risam for her internal medicine needs, so the entire staff knew my family! Some years later I moved away and had my son while I was living in GA, I moved back to MD in 2009 and became pregnant with my youngest daughter. I made my appointment with Dr. Risam and I must say I was soooooo disappointed! The staff wasn't friendly like the old staff and Dr. Risam rushed through EVERY appointment I had with her even saying at one appointment, "I gotta get out of here I have an appointment to get to". She didn't even delivery my daughter, some OB that was on staff at Holy Cross delivered her and she was just as rude as Dr. Risam( that's a whole different story). I'm not sure why I stayed with her for my entire pregnancy, I guess I just didn't feel like changing mid pregnancy. My oldest daughter went to Dr. Risam for her yearly, my daughter tried to explain to her an issue she was having and Dr. Risam ignored her and told her nothing was wrong with her. My daughter continued to have issues and scheduled another appointment with another Dr. In Dr. Risam's office. This Dr. Found the problem, took his time with my daughter and got her the medication she needed. My daughter suffered unnecessarily because Dr. Risam didn't want to take the time she should have with her. Dr. Risam has been doing this for 30 plus years and I think she needs to retire because she is not the same Dr. she was 20 years ago . None of my family members go to her or her husband (he's worse than she is) anymore because of their unsatisfactory medical treatment . I don't plan on having anymore children but if I do she will NOT be my OB/GYN!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I am currently under Dr. Risam's care for my first pregnancy. I agree with everyone that says that she rushes through every visit, and makes you feel like you are one of a hundred patients. The front desk receptionists are professional but not very friendly, and the medical assistant is okay, but not as comforting as I would expect. I am concerned with how this doctor will behave during delivery as I don't feel a very personal relationship with her and she never remembers what procedures i've already had (testing, ultrasound, etc.) I also don't like that this office doesn't handle any testing in-house. You are given a referrel for EVERYTHING! Ultrasounds, urine analysis, blood work, and genetic screenings all have to be done somewhere else, so you will be going several places for overall maternity care. The office is nice and clean, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a first-time mom looking for hands-on direction.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr Risam is okay but seems like someone that has a tight schedule making her seen like she is rushing to finish up with you and get onto another thing.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Jesus help me,i would never and ever in my life refer anyone to this so call Dr Risam,she is so impatient,always rushing,never has time to explain anything to her patients,even when she wants to listen to the babies heart beat,she is very impatient...the staff is so so rude and the wait time is crazy.....oh no cant talk sany further be warned,don't fall a victim....am going back to my former doctor....

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

Mean and nasty lady would not recommend to deliver anybody or anything she has not gotten better with time.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Yes, I agree with much of what has already been written here about her. She was my doctor when I was pregnant with my first and only child. HOWEVER, two years ago I went to her for my usual pelvic exam and she found a lump in my breast that turned out to be breast cancer. It was tiny and I never would have found it myself until it was too late. So I do credit her with saving my life which is why I still go back to her for my check-ups.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

The doctor was very thorough, caters to cowards on pap smear and accesses the problem by scheduling all necessary test before provided a solution. This rating is based on my own experience. December 2011

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Risam offers a non personal assembly line approach, but her staff is very nice and professional. I would never have a child under her care, she is cold and robotic. She was impatient and rushs through visit. I'm researching a nice, compassionate, and experienced Ob-Gyn. I do enjoy the paper free computer type sign in.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I experienced my first miscarriage going to her and she was very unhelpful with the whole process. I was just 12 weeks shy when it started to bleed and was told to wait for the tissue to pass through by Dr Risam. It took over 2 months for it to pass and when it did I had was in so much pain like I was in late labor. I felt contractions as if I was delivering a child for 1 week. I asked for some pain relief and was told by Dr Risam no I did not need to mask the pain with pain relievers. During that week the tissue passed but I still felt contractions for 2 days. Dr Risam was no help with this and gave me no warnings or pamphlets on what I would experience since this was my first miscarriage.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Risam, was trerrible. For a first time mother she is no help. She was impatient and rush through my both of my visits. She made me feel inferior and like I was wasting her time. I am an older African-American female, that is currently changing doctors. Buyer Beware!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

Dr. MANJIT K. Risam's Credentials

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1971)

HealthFirst