Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Barron

Dr. Barron has been my Ob/gyn for 5 years and 2 pregnancies. I would highly recommend her! She is very easy to talk to, takes her time with you, and was great delivering my children! I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy and she was very supportive and helpful. Can't say enough good things about her!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Dr. Barron was my GYNO for 10 years. When my husband and I decided to try to have a child, I stopped taking birth control pills. My cycles stopped. I contacted Dr. Barron and she told me to just be patient and wait. This went on for a YEAR! I kept calling and was told to keep waiting. All she did was prescribed progesterone 2-3 times during that year. Finally, upon my insisting, she tested my hormones. There was something wrong and I feel like I waited an entire year waiting around for her to actually have me come in the office and do a simple blood work test. On a side note, in the 10 years that she was my doctor, it always took over an hour, sometimes 2-3 hours, to see her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I have lost 2 children under her care. With PCOS, I finally conceived a child and thought my pregnancy would be a smooth and regular one. With my daughter, my water broke prematurely. After a emergency visit and exam at her office, she assumed it was only discharge. After asking for an ultrasound, it was then established that my water indeed broke and I would lose my child due to early gestation age. Months later, I became pregnant with my son. To avoid a replay of the last pregnancy, we came up with a game plan to prevent any mishaps. As the pregnancy progressed, that game plan went out the window. No precautions were made to prevent anything. I began preterm labor at 24 weeks and delivered my son while she was on vacation. I lost him 3 days later due to a brain hemmorage. I trusted her and I lost 2 children under her care. I have since switched doctors. She will never be recommended my me or my family.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Very surprised at the negative comments. Have used Dr. Barron for a couple of years now and absolutely love her. Takes her time, is interested in helping you. If you are looking for a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor, over look the negative on here. You will love her. Some people need thicker skin.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

This morning I was at Brookwood Medical Center with my pregnant daughter who was in " false labor." After being NPO from midnight until 9:30am, Dr. Barron stated that my daughter could leave or stay, but if she stayed she wasn't getting breakfast at the hospital, because it's a hospital, not a hotel. During my 16 years empemployment in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, hospitals, especially BWMC pride themselves on patient care. At least that's what they advertise. Slow down Doctors, Remember your Oath. By the way, we left and I provided breakfast for my pregnant daughter.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

She had been good through out my pregnancy time!! But the problem came in the delivery.She is the worst dr i havent ever seen because she let me have 3 problems at the same time,a cystocele ,a uterus prolapse and a rectocele.I was very surprised of the way she sew me ... she semed to me at the begining but this is not .she defintely didnot send me to C section after the water has been gone. I spent 15 hours without any suggestion for a surgery.The water has been broken at 5 am .I still have no improvement no sex nothing to do for this matters.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Barron is friendly, firm, informative and positive. I can ask her anything and she will give me a straight answer. She is experienced, knowlegable and I'm happy to have her as my OB/GYM for many years and more to come. An outstanding doctor, mother and human being! If you have to wait at her office more than normal please understand she is just attending to others as you would hope that she will attend to you when its your time to either have a child or have an illness. I've never minded the waits because I've always felt I was gettign the best care and she was there for me when I was giving birth as I knew she would be.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I can't explain how disrespected and stupid I felt everytime I set foot in her office. I was always made to feel stupid and after being pregnant it was worse. She left me with her partners and after I stroked out she called me a "drama mama" in labor and delivery, she should consider herself lucky that I didn't sue. 27 hours of labor and begging her partners to give me a c-section, my son's whole face was bruised, his eyes were black for weeks, and his head was mishapen for months, DON'T USE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. B!! She is so nice and personable. She delieved my first child and will deliever my second in July. I absolutely love her!! The only thing is, she gets extremely busy. I remember being 9 months pregnant at my weekly appointment and sitting there for hours because she had to go downstairs to deliever a baby but i'm happy she's busy. She's a great doctor and it makes me like her even more knowing she has so many patients needs to tend to due to the fact that she is so wonderful.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. Elizabeth A. Barron's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1991)

• Blue Advantage