Ratings for Dr. John W. Prather

DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!! He has misdiagnosed two people in my family. One has become wheelchair bound and the other is me. I'm 28 yrs old and I own my own business which has caused a lot of stress and anxiety. Long story short. I had an episode one day where I was dizzy and blurry vision for about 20 mins. I went to my doctor and he sent me to Dr. Prather's office to get a holter monitor. I wore it for 24hrs..(it took 3 weeks to get the test results + 2 1/2 weeks till my apt.) When I finally saw Dr. Prather...He tells me immediately that I will more than likely have to have a pacemaker. I broke down..I'm very healthy...I do not take any medications and I excerise an hour a day. He said that I had "two pacemakers running at the same time." As the apt was ending...I mentioned that I drink a lot of cokes..and not enough water..He then tells me that it may be the caffeine...So we go from needing a pacemaker to caffeine within 20 mins...Let me remind you the apt. was over and he never mentioned caffeine..I brought it up! After the apt. was over he orders an EKG and echocardiogram(which were normal). Why would he tell me I need a pacemaker just by holter monitor and then run more test? I took all my results and got a second opinion. Dr. Arie Szatkowski in Germantown, TN.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Looked at my results from holter monitor, EKG, and Echocardiogram and told me "I don't know what the H E L L he is talking about. There's nothing here that would indicate that you need a pacemaker." My heart is completely normal! I'm fully convinced that if I had not gotten a second opinion, Dr. Prather would have put a pacemaker in. He is money hungry and doesn't care about his patients!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. John W. Prather's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Corinth, MS