Ratings for Dr. Michael Dawson

Dr. Dawson is great and so is the staff! I switched over to Dr. Dawson many years ago, when my physician changed his path in medicine. He is quick to the point and very compassionate. He sees my children as well. They adore him. The staff is fabulous and friendly. So glad my last doctor changed paths!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

You should reconsider your take on medical marijuana and the benefits.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Amazing!!!!!! To the Point ...... Excellent.... The best MD I have ever run into :)

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Very fortunate to have Dr. Dawson as family physician for myself and my children. He is compassionate and kind. My children look forward to seeing him and that speaks volumes.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Dawson has been my family doctor for over 25 years and we couldn't be happier with him. He is caring, straight forward, and always on time. However I've had some not so great experiences with his staff. On a few occasions I have called to make an appointment and they have refused to accommodate me, telling me to go to the E.R (not non emergency issues) instead. Isn't this why I have a family doctor? They have also mucked up instructions for specialist appointments. Overall I am very happy with the care I receive, however I do believe that some sort of changes need to be made to address the above.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Dawson is the best doctor in town. I have been very lucky to have him look after my family for about 22 years. He surprised me and showed up to assist in the c section delivery of my daughter at the hospital. He is such a caring man who always makes time to talk about your issues, medical or personal. He is always right in his diagnosis. I feel very fortunate to have him look after my family's health.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I was thrilled to have him as a family doctor until I had problems from a surgery.His staff refused to book the preop in time and refused to book the post op when the problems occurred. when I did finally get two appointments he prescribed medication that I had reacted badly to in the past that made me vomit for three days and also gave a prescription for vertigo which I did not have. .and he tells me that this is going above and beyond......well.....nooooo. it is not.. and then invites me to find another doctor. arrogant and uncaring...

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Want to talk about a staff that doesn't care about it's patients? That would be this staff here. I went in for a simple physical, something my insurance covers. It seemed to go alright, and I left feeling alright. However, when I get the insurance bill back, I find out they billed it as something completely different and are charging me suddenly $600. I called the office to try to get it fixed and the nurse and the lady at the front were absolutely rude and horrendous to deal with, telling me Dawson put it in that way and that it doesn't matter what I booked it as. I wouldn't have come in if it wasn't a physical and I can assure you, my family and I will never return to this terrible service.

Submitted August 13, 2014

I rate Mike and his team the best in all categories because that has been my experience. Electronic records is the only suggestion I would make. He is easy to talk to, and listens to what I say. The previous comment that he is embarrassed about discussing female sexuality has certainly not been my experience. Mike was also my Mother and Grandmother's doctor and agreed to take on my uncle when he was dying of cancer and did not have a doctor. Mike was very patient with all three and provided excellent end-of-life care. One of the best features of this practice is that they treat you as the leader of your health care team.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Dr. Dawson has been my family doctor since I was born (22yrs). I find that he always seems nervous to speak about female issues, always uncomfortable for him. Quick to send you to someone else for any and all procedures. His nurse is great, receptionist gets grouchy when you call to get test results (which you always have to call for because they never call you to let you know). He is a good family doctor, but never really seems interested in your problems. And the office hours are awful.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012