Ratings for Dr. Henry T. Shih

Dr Shih has an excellent bedside manner.very knowledgeable and very caring. Always quickly returns phone callable

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I love Dr Shih!! He is wonderful. Very caring, thoughtful, helpful. I'm not concerned of office staff as long as my doctor is good and Dr Shih surpasses that. My boys have been seeing him for 16 yrs!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I would like to start off by mentioning that my complaint is not against Dr. Shih himself, but against the practice and the other doctors practicing at paanj.I took my 10 month old to see Dr. Shih and was prescribed a penicillin, after about 3 days he developed a very severe allergy (his entire body was covered in what looked like welts, much worse than hives) I took him back to paanj and was seen by Dr. Robert Salston who then prescribes another form of penicillin as if he's conducting an experiment with my sons allergy!I was told by 3 other pediatricians as well as my pharmacist that I should not give this medication to my son if he's allergic to pennicillin!I contacted paanj and spoke to Patricia who then preceded to call me ignorant and misinformed!! She wouldn't let me speak to any doctor and told me to seek another pediatrician since I want to blame everyone for my son's allergy!! I was in awe, it should be illegal for a medical "professional" to ever speak to someone this way!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Doctors in this office never diagnosed my children right the first time. ALWAYS had to go back 2/3 before the figured it out and my children started feeling better. Each time paying another co-pay. That's seems how they make money but my children suffer in the meantime. Everything in waiting room looks dirty. Staff is rude and delays in Facebook. Too big and impersonal.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

My mother referred us to Dr. Shih because he has been the pediatrician for my younger brother and sister for years so we selected him for our baby boy. Dr. Shih takes his time with the visits and will not only answer the questions that you ask him, but ensure that you understand the response. His knowledge base and experience is obvious. Dr. Shih is very professional yet down to earth and approachable. One of the best doctors out there... more like him are needed!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

This practise is horrible. The staff is ignorant and the office manager has no manners at all on how to deal with the patients, very rude ! They send false billings to their patients and provide inaccurate data to insurance for processing of insurance claims (i know a few people who went thru the same roller coaster). The nursing staff shows quite a bit of reluctance on handling the patients. The doctors are average. I have'nt been to Dr Shih but Dr. Herman for sure is horrible and provides wrong information for insurance/ diagnosis. This place is run like a business, its definitely not a medical services provider. I would give it a negative star if there exists one. Please don't expose your child and yourself to a bunch of unprofessionals.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

My daughter likes to go to dr. Shih, dr. Lisa Zablocki i dr. G.Brennan. Those three doctors are the best; however, dr. Shih is my daughter's primary doctor and his a very good one. I would also recommend dr.L.Zablocki and dr. Brennan. They are also the best. I would never take my daughter to dr. Salston again. He's attitude towards his female patients is inappropriate. It's not only my opinion. My friends with daughters also notice the same attitude.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

Dr Shih & his staff are excellent. My 2nd son was born under emergency circumstances & was hospitalized 3 times in his first 10 mos. I completely trust his judgement & he absolutely put my son's well being first. He always took the time to be sure I understood & I was never rushed. I appreciate the wonderful attention he have my kids & I'm sad w moved so far away. Many of my friends & family now take their children to him, now.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Shih is fantastic with our baby boy. He has a terrific knowledge base as well as a terrific bedside manner. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr Shih has been my pediatrician for about 10 years now and I am very happy with him. He takes the time out to explain fully what is going on with my children when I come in for a sick visit. I never feel rushed and he always answers my questions. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a good pediatrician.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Henry T. Shih's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Old Bridge, NJ