Ratings for Dr. John A. Rudis

Absolutely love Dr. Rudis and his staff! They make me feel more like family rather than a patient

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

As the patient, you are made to feel like a dog who is stealing away their socializing time. The staff is inconsiderate and just plain hateful. The doctor himself isn't so bad, except his cure all is to lose weight. It doesn't matter if you only go in for an ingrown toe nail or allergies, his answer is to lose weight. There may also be privacy issues in this office. My advice - - - just find a different doctor. Lufkin has so many others to choose from.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I have used Dr. Rudis for 17 yrs. My family loves him. He is great

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr. Rudis was my family doctor for almost 20 years. For the last 5 years, my family did not have insurance, but paid for each visit ourselves. Not once in almost 20 years did I owe him money that was not paid immediately. Then my daughter came down with an ear infection, and it was the day before I got paid, and I was already having financial trouble. I brought her to the office, and asked if I could bring payment for the visit the following day when I got paid. The nurse asked Dr. Rudis if this would be OK, but he refused to see her. He was even the doctor that delivered her 8 years before this, and the only doctor she had ever seen. I was so upset, and so disappointed in him. He does have a great bedside manner, and always made my children comfortable when they were there.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Rudis has been our family doctor for 10 years. He delivered my first two children (not my third since he doesn't deliver anymore) and is the pedeatrician for all three. He is friendly and always makes you feel comfortable. If you need explanation he can put it into terms you understand. He takes his time and never tries to rush you out of the office. He also doesn't overprescribe!!! I think this is important!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2007

Dr. Rudis has delivered by two boys and has also been our family doctor for about 10 years. He has always treated us as if we were the only patient he had waiting on us and he has an excellent bedside manner with a great sense of humor. I would recommend and have recommended several other people to him. I have had several doctors over the years and I would have to say I'd rate him best overall.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2007

Dr. John A. Rudis's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente