Ratings for Dr. Marjorie A. Chorness

I found the staff and Dr Chorness to be friendly, professional, and extremely well informed. The doctor covered and talked through with me a variety of options for my particular situation, helping me reach a decision that was right for me, starting with one level of care that can progress to various levels if needed.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

The receptionist was rude, the nurse was great and seemed to care, but the physician noted that she removed my birth control from my arm and she clearly did not. This is scary to have a doctor that doesn't know if she did or not remove it.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I am shocked that this woman is still practicing. She was on call when I went into labor. My doctor was out of the country. I was scheduled for a c-section, but she would not listen. Against my wishes, she and her nursing staff administered pitocin, dilaudid, in such high amounts that I suffered hypertonic contractions for nearly SIXTY HOURS before she decided to do an emergency c-section. She was removed from surgery by another surgeon. I do not doubt that if she had been allowed to continue, by son and I would not have survived. I now suffer from chronic premature vascular contractions (pvc's) which can be caused by pitocin overdose, and have had two heart surgeries to date to correct the problem. My cardiologist is unsure if I will have a recurrence, or how many I will have. I recommend that, if this woman makes an appearance in your hospital room, have her removed at once.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

My wife and I went to this doctor only because we were referred by another doctor after he stopped doing deliveries. After one appointment, we are changing doctors again. I was uncomfortable the entire time I was in the building, as a man I was treated as unimportant and unwanted, as they don't allow husbands in the room with their wives (I will be watching her give birth, but I can't attend a minor physical exam?). Their "nurse" was very disrespectful and had an air of self absorbment, and after I tried to have an honest discussion she verbatim told me "I don't listen to men, I just learned to drown them out." They obviously are running a Feminist colony here. My wife was also very uncomfortable and nervous after waiting 1.5 hours naked on the bed, only to have 30 seconds of time with the doctor who was very rough and uncaring. She did not even look me in the eye and I honestly can't remember what she looks like she was gone so fast. Very disrespectful to customers and future parents.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I have never felt so neglected by a health care provider in my life. The staff is rude and unwilling to work out any issues that arise & the doctor is full of herself and cannot apologize for the way her office runs. STAY AWAY. This is no place for a good Ob/Gyn visit.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

The doctor comes across as aloof, unpleasant and unconcerned. In the years I have been a patient, she has never been timely; I have to plan to be in her office several hours per visit as the wait time can be as much as 90 minutes. As an established patient, it may still take 1.5 to two weeks to get an appointment for urgent issues. The front office is poorly managed and the staff does not return calls or notify patients of labs in a timely manner. The billing practices are also unethical. Once, they intended to send claims to my insurance for unrendered services. Fortunately, I was able to reach my carrier to prevent that from happening. Dr. Chorness is skilled with infertility but so are many other upstate area physicians. The professionalism of her and her staff leave much to be desired. Run...far, far away...fast.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

This is my first pregnancy at age 35, & my husband & I were excited & nervous at our first appt. I expected an ultrasound based on the info I found on Blossom's website, so we were especially excited about that. However, when I was first called back and we went to go with the nurse, she would not let my husband come with me. He was told to stay in the waiting room and they would call him back later. They took me back to ultrasound room and I had to undress from waist down. I asked for my husband several times but had to wait by myself for over an hour sitting half naked under a sheet. I was no longer excited, just nervous. When Dr. Chorness came in, she introduced herself. I asked for my husband again, but she said 'as soon as we get this started.' She started the ultrasound, and I saw my baby for the first time w/o my husband. He was brought in a minute later. Every appt after was also bad, with similar treatment of my husband. At 25 weeks, we have just transferred to another dr.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I Don't understand the negative reviews. I had a high risk pregnancy and was due 09/09/2009. I went to every appointment and didn't mind the wait at all. Dr. Chorness was polite to me and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. When my water broke on 09/09/2009 at 7am she was there at St. Francis faster than I could process my baby boy was coming. I was ready and she was prepared to give me the best care. I had an epidural just in time and at 12:02pm David entered the world. She did have to do an episiotomy because it got harder to push, (my son has a big head)and I am thankful she did that as if she knew I couldn't do it on my own. She did what we expect Doctors to do when we have a child and want the best care. Dr. Chorness is an exceptional Doctor and criticizing her and her staff based on your visits probably only shows you had a bad pregnancy because you had a bad attitude in general. I wish I was pregnant again so I could go back to her. That's just wishful thinking. Good day all.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Chorness for years..she delivered my daughter 4 years ago, after being high risk the entire pregnancy I could not have asked for a better doctor. I do not mind the wait to get the care I deserve and I get it from her. Yes she has issues with her staff, but her staff are not the ones delivering my baby or doing my exams so I don't worry too much about that. She has never yelled at me and has in fact been very thorough and understanding at my visits. If it was not for her I would not have had my daughter considering all other doctors told me I couldn't. I would and have recommended her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

This doctor is a bi-polar nut case. The nurse is not a "real" nurse. No such license. Ask for her credentials the next time you go in for all you "Chorness favorable" nuts. Oh, and this doctor has a cat that lives at the office. The cat has free run of the office. Walks all over the furniture. The cat litter box is nasty that she keeps in her bathroom off of her office. DHEC should pay this woman a surprise visit. It would be shocking what they would find. The reason you folks wait so long is because the woman has a history of leaving in the middle of office hours to go to the mall and shop, or maybe meet her boyfriend? Who knows...but she has been found doing both all the while patients are waiting. It is a shame has this woman could be a top contending physician in this area, but totally blows it all on her sad, sad behavior. She is horrible employer. Cruiel and disrespectble to her staff. Take warning folks..go elsewhere. Don't risk your healh on this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Dr. Marjorie A. Chorness's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1988)

• BCBS Massachusetts