Ratings for Dr. Debra Van Aggelen

She runs late a lot - had to wait over 40 minutes for a scheduled appt on more than one occasion..

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

We have left Vancouver and we all miss Dr Van Aggelen. She is competent and compassionate. She is also an excellent diagnostician

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

This doctor is not very knowledgeable. This physician defers to specialists and is not very pro-active with patient care. She needs to upgrade her knowledge to the the 21st century. Her MOA is excellent

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Fabulous and Amazing Doctor!!!! She is so kind, caring, helpful, understanding and compassionate. She is on top of everything. She takes the time to get to know you and she is a great listener. She ensures that all diagnostic tests and treatments are done properly and promptly. She is excellent with follow-up as well. Her Office Assistant Teresa is the best and sweetest person ever. Teresa is very organized, detailed and ensures follow-up is prompt. Teresa is very friendly, welcoming, understanding and always puts the patients as first priority. Best Doctor and Assistant Ever!!!! If I could give higher than a 5 rating I would as they both do so much more.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I have always found Dr. Van Aggelan compassionate, knowledgeable, friendly and listens well. She constantly updates her medical knowledge through conferences, etc. and shares that information with the patient. She is often a bit behind, however it is so she doesn't have to turn patients away in time of need. I have always been treated with the best knowledge, care, referrals, treatments, prescriptions, etc., needed. I would like to add that Teresa is an amazing receptionist and person!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I recently moved to West Vancouver and was actually referred by a friend to Dr. Van Aggelen. Let me tell you, all the negative responses below were the exact points I made when speaking about her to my friends, family and coworkers. She does not care about you, or your issues. Suffering with a terrible back injury, this lady doesn't look up your file, follow up and is at the edge of her seat just waiting to get the heck on with your appointment. She doesn't listen to anything I say. Proof when I told her the medication she prescribed me wasn't working so she prescribed me something "different".. it was the same prescription. She is just pushing through her patients to get her paycheque - as you can see by the amount of expensive clothes, jewellery she wears while tending to you. Worse doctor I have seen.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Van Aggelen showed compassion and consideration and went above and beyond expectatations when I was faced with an acute illness.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

She has treated myself and five family members. We have all benefitted from her knowledge base and compassion.

Submitted October 20, 2014

Excellent care, informed, takes all issues seriously, is proactive, refers to a specialist, is personable, her receptionist Teresa is excellent.

Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. Van Aggelen is knowledgeable with very good diagnostic abilities.She has helped me with a variety of general health problems, without prejudice or judgement and provided excellent advice on problems I encountered at my workplace. She does, however, treat a lot of patients so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Have some patience and understand that there are others that also need her help. So bring a good book with you and enjoy your stay.

Submitted April 24, 2012