Ratings for Dr. Debra Van Aggelen

Just like all the other reviews indicate, nothing's changed. I saw dr. Van aggelen one time, yes, just once, prompting me to write this review and contact regulatory bodies also. She saw my wife and I, would not listen to a single word out of either of our mouths, repeatedly cut us off when speaking, and appeared to rush through everything. It's a miracle that we even were able to communicate the issue: actually, we couldn't, at least not to her. She reviewed test results right in front of us on the computer screen, and told us the ordered tests had actually not been completed. Feeling rushed out and dissatisfied, we left, surprised to say the least. We returned five minutes later to better understand how that could have happened. Insisting she review the results again, she opened the computer screen up again, this time discovering she had completely missed the second and third pages. The ordered tests had in fact been completed, and everything was apparently normal. Horrible experience. It was only about a month later that i Was sitting on the couch at home and reading over the results, that I noticed three seperate test areas were actually out of normal range. We went to see a different doctor who reviewed the SAME results and referred us to a specialist. I considered this negligence on Dr. Van aggelen's part to be malpractice, and to be negligent to the point that harm could have been caused. She should not even hold the title "doctor", but it seems she needs to bill as many patients to keep up the purchase of all the cosmetics and designer clothing she wears. There's no accountability in medicine whatsoever, and dr. Van aggelen is a shining example of this. In my line of work (for which I'm paid much much less) i am forced to account for everything, but the same is obviously not true for this physician. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

My mother complained about pain for months..the doctor ignored the complaints. Finally an emergency doctor at the hospital admitted her diagnosing her with terminal cancer. I have no respect for Dr. Van aggelen. Horrible patient care. She is totally preoccupied by cosmetic procedures.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Dr. Van Aggelen used to listen and take time out to do all necessary tests, that was 10 years ago. Now she is always late with an average waiting time of 45 minutes. She rushes me and seems like she does not want to perform many test herself or check ups, but rather refers to specialists right away. She never reads my file anymore and completely has forgotten any info about me, my health history or what she last talked about in her last appointment. I have to remind her over and over whenever I see her what we discussed last. Maybe a quick peek in a patients file before entering the room would help...I will try to switch, as I do not feel any support from this family doctor anymore. It’s seems now her appointments are just a numbers game to see how many she can fit in one day and cash in.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I tend to feel rushed by her, as if my appointment is just her source of income. Never was called about a somewhat serious test result. Late for every single appointment, even when it is first thing in the morning. Patients are scheduled for before she even arrives to work that day sometimes. She seems to be knowledgeable but doesn’t allow you the time to thoroughly discuss what’s going on for you. The receptionist can be very friendly, but as soon as you have a question she becomes downright rude and obnoxious. She even implied that I was lying once. It is as if you are imposing a chore on her a lot of the time.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Teresa is amazing but Dr Van Agelan not so sure. Been with her for 17 years but feel she is always rushed when you go into see her. She hadn’t even finished gliding the door and wants to know what your in for... no hellos, nothing.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr. Van Aggelen always completely demeaned any of my concerns. You can be sure to wait at least 45 minutes after your appointment time. I had an ongoing medical issue, and told her I wanted to try an IUD. She told me this would just make it worse. and to just go on a stronger dose of birth control, which I had explicitly said I didn't want to do. Frustrated, I went to another doctor who said an IUD would help me, did the procedure, and it improved my health exponentially. When Van Aggelen put me on antibiotics, she didn't suggest probiotics to maintain gut health - one of my friends had to tell me instead. Even though I said I didn't want to be on them too long she just prescribed me more. There were countless other issues where her lack of interest in my health was astounding. The new Dr. also said my iron stores were low and prescribed me supplements (even my friend predicted the same thing!) and yet Van Aggelen never thought of this. I constantly left her office feeling disappointed and like I was doomed to suffer the same issues forever.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Van Aggelen for over 20 years and she is outstanding. She is extremely capable, knowledgeable and respectful. She does sometimes run late but that is because she takes the time to be thorough and answer questions/explain results. I have never felt rushed or unimportant with her. Her assistant, Theresa is wonderful too!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Thank you to Dr. Van Aggelen and her staff for helping me through a very difficult time. Prompt and professional support and attention. Great listener.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Knowledgeable, takes times to listen you you, which is why she sometimes runs behind, will refer you when needed, can get an appt when you need it often the same day, been with her for 10 years and very happy with her as our family GP. Her MOA Teresa is excellent organised and accommodating

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I recently joined the practice and have had a great experience. Dr Van Aggelen is approachable, caring, and knowledgable. Teresa is also wonderful and very accommodating.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016