Ratings for Dr. David S. Jackson

My husband and I have used Dr. Jackson for years but we are both thinking of finding a new cardiologist. Although Dr. Jackson is great, his office staff is deplorable. I have had promises of calls back that I never got. I have had to call the office several times about one issue and was told I would get a call back. Never happened. Every time I call I have to go through my story all over again and am told that someone will call back. I even asked for Dr. Jackson to call me and he never did. He has in the past so I believe he was never given that message. Last visit there, while waiting in the exam room, the receptionist came in because she thought I had forgotten my Drivers License and insurance card. She handed them to me. They belonged to someone else. Unfortunately a good doctor will lose patients when his office staff is unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I was at the ER for heart palpitations and racing and Dr. Jackson was the cardiologist on call. He had me make an appt which took me a week to get, and when I finally saw him, he ignored the fact that the Benicar HCT I was taking was causing the palpitations and instead, gave me a stronger dose and a prescription for Nadolol which is a very strong beta blocker (and a prescription for lipitor). I came back for a required stress test and he ignored the fact that I had no energy, felt light headed and out of breath, and could hardly move. He never asked about my diet, and didn't schedule or do a follow up. After months of suffering, I finally found a competent doctor who removed the HCT, decreased the Benicar, adn put my on a low dose of beta blocker which I will probably be able to stop soon. He also discussed my diet to reduce cholesterol rather than indiscriminately prescribing a dangerous statin drug. I would avoid Dr. Jackson at all costs, even if he is covered by insurance!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

EXCELLENT DOCTOR SIGNED W. RAWLINGS

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. David S. Jackson's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Takoma Park, MD