Ratings for Dr. Sharon L. Ahart

Dr. Ahart has a very limited worldview and does not accept parents that have a different ideology than her. For example, I breastfed my child until he was two--our choice. She was very negative regarding breastfeeding and told me formula is actually superior after 6 mos. of age. Breastfeeding is a woman's (and child's) choice, and should be encouraged by the doctor. She also was critical of limiting screentime (t.v., computer, etc.) because, as she said, that's the future and parents should want their children to function in society well. I believe children should be encouraged to develop their own imaginations...but I understand that others may see that differently. I just was surprised to have a alarmed face made at me when I told her "thank you for your suggestions, but we have traditional values". I take my child to the doctor for medical treatment, not parenting advice--but am not mad if I get advice, just shocked when judged so easily. She was very scary to my boy as well.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Dr. Ahart is the best...she takes no crap off the kids, hence the complaints from the crybaby parents about her bedside manner. Sure you have to wait sometimes because she takes her time with her patients, but, she takes the same amount time with your kids, so it all evens out. She loves my daughters and they love her. I won't take them to anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Son was 7 or 8 at the time (he's 17 now). She wanted to check his testicles. Just pulled down his pants w/o telling him why she was doing it. He was upset and scared. I was angry! Another time, he had a stiff neck, so she twisted it quickly. He screamed out in pain. Has had trouble with neck ever since. I find her overbearing,egotistical, and with no beside manner what-so-ever.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

She's a little stern, and sometimes wait times are long, but overall Dr. Ahart is an amazing doctor. Her staff are nice and the facility is spotless. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009

Sharon Ahart always puts her patients first. She is an excellent doctor. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a pediatrician.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

This Dr. cares very deeply for her patients. She is a great advocate for children. Thats a rare quality in people today. I appreciate,as well my children, for all of her help and support.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Wonderful doctor! Always goes above and beyond for her patients. :)

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

I don't trust my children with anyone else. She save 2 of my children's lives. She has been my children's Dr for 13 years!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. Ahart has been extremly helpful with my son.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007

This dr has a very bad bed side mannor and is not very kind. She is a control freak.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2007

Dr. Sharon L. Ahart's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Kennewick, WA