Ratings for Dr. Richard Leicht

I had the bad luck to have a detached retina 3 weeks ago but VERY fortunate to be assigned Dr. Leicht as my optomologist. I'm still recovering but Dr. Leicht is cautiiusly optimistic that most of my vision will return. He was very patient with me and took time to answer all my questions without making me feel I was taking up his time....He had no issue with my spouse being in the room during the check up and even had a chuckle at a funny thing my spouse said. I am so thankful for this doctors expertise and sure hands .

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Doctor Leicht has been helping me for hpastbyear with my serous retinal detachment from a hemangioma. Patient, informative and most of all will get you a diagnosis and treat it as best he can. Would not want anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

wonderful doctor, so compassionate about my condition, was so nervous to have surgery and felt so reassured the day of as well as the day after my surgery, wouldn't have wanted any other doctor

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

It is so awesome to work with a staff that is courteous , knowledgeable, helpful and friendly!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Have been seeing Dr Leicht for almost 10 years and hopefully for the next 10 years.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Excellent professional staff very busy office he sees people from all over Manitoba. Very skillful answers all your questions all you need to do is ask. If he seems a bit rushed at the end ot your appointment it is because he wants to see as many patients as possible because some come from out of townh. He has done laser and surgery on both my eyes and I see a lot better. I will see him just beforeChristmas for follow up. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Leicht is the Man , I owe him my life that I can still see and im a very young person with severe diseases in my eyes and I know if it were not for him and his skill, knowledge of the latest medicines and very gracious manner, I would be blind and probably not nearly as happy as I am still today. Technically speaking if you saw my scans and Flouro. Angiogram results from before to after, its amazing. Stay healthy people. Thank You Dr. Leicht ,

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I first want to comment to the people that rated him unfairly low. To the man who was sent to Dr. Gould quit bein such as jerk.. Dr. Leight knows what he id doing but he was nice enough to send you else where where you indeed apparently got satisfaction. You didn't have to pay for either appointment out of your own pocket so in my opinion you just a jerk.. Go to the States and get done there and pay through the nose for it quit complaining when you are getting help for free. To the lad with the father why don't you just go to the States and pay through the nose for the same service and quit taking up appoints that other can use that really appreciate it. Dr. Leight is a excellent doctor caring patient answers all questions and never makes you feel dumb for asking a particular question. I got laser surgery for both eyes because of Diabetis. I have Type2. He then did surgery on my left eye because he couldn't do any more surgery because of bleeding. After discussion and weighing pros and cons I got the surgery done. Man I am glad I did. I am now going for the one year check up and I am going to ask him if he will do the other eye as well. Very highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I find Dr leicht to be very knowledgable and professional and to top it off he has an incredible soft well spoken voice. He is a benifit to Winnipeg and is making a huge difference in the seeing world. Thank you for all your help I appreciate all that you do.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

to the one poster in regard to Uveitis........ he is right there is no cure, I have had bilateral Uevitis since I was 5 yeas old, at least that is when it was found. Uveitis is most likely caused by an autoimmune disorder. Although I have 20/800 vision in my left eine and 20/40 in my right, I am still fighting this disease until I die, I am 56 now.... and still going strong, getting the underlying issue resolved will help you deal with the Uveitis, not going to the US..... all the very best for you

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015