Ratings for Dr. Richard Leicht

wonderful doctor, so compassionate about my condition, was so nervous to have surgery and felt so reassured the day of as well as the day after my surgery, wouldn't have wanted any other doctor

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

It is so awesome to work with a staff that is courteous , knowledgeable, helpful and friendly!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Have been seeing Dr Leicht for almost 10 years and hopefully for the next 10 years.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Excellent professional staff very busy office he sees people from all over Manitoba. Very skillful answers all your questions all you need to do is ask. If he seems a bit rushed at the end ot your appointment it is because he wants to see as many patients as possible because some come from out of townh. He has done laser and surgery on both my eyes and I see a lot better. I will see him just beforeChristmas for follow up. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Leicht is the Man , I owe him my life that I can still see and im a very young person with severe diseases in my eyes and I know if it were not for him and his skill, knowledge of the latest medicines and very gracious manner, I would be blind and probably not nearly as happy as I am still today. Technically speaking if you saw my scans and Flouro. Angiogram results from before to after, its amazing. Stay healthy people. Thank You Dr. Leicht ,

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I first want to comment to the people that rated him unfairly low. To the man who was sent to Dr. Gould quit bein such as jerk.. Dr. Leight knows what he id doing but he was nice enough to send you else where where you indeed apparently got satisfaction. You didn't have to pay for either appointment out of your own pocket so in my opinion you just a jerk.. Go to the States and get done there and pay through the nose for it quit complaining when you are getting help for free. To the lad with the father why don't you just go to the States and pay through the nose for the same service and quit taking up appoints that other can use that really appreciate it. Dr. Leight is a excellent doctor caring patient answers all questions and never makes you feel dumb for asking a particular question. I got laser surgery for both eyes because of Diabetis. I have Type2. He then did surgery on my left eye because he couldn't do any more surgery because of bleeding. After discussion and weighing pros and cons I got the surgery done. Man I am glad I did. I am now going for the one year check up and I am going to ask him if he will do the other eye as well. Very highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I find Dr leicht to be very knowledgable and professional and to top it off he has an incredible soft well spoken voice. He is a benifit to Winnipeg and is making a huge difference in the seeing world. Thank you for all your help I appreciate all that you do.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

to the one poster in regard to Uveitis........ he is right there is no cure, I have had bilateral Uevitis since I was 5 yeas old, at least that is when it was found. Uveitis is most likely caused by an autoimmune disorder. Although I have 20/800 vision in my left eine and 20/40 in my right, I am still fighting this disease until I die, I am 56 now.... and still going strong, getting the underlying issue resolved will help you deal with the Uveitis, not going to the US..... all the very best for you

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

This man may know what he is doing but obviously doesn't care enough about his patients to hire caring and/or competent staff. Long wait times are the norm in any ophthalmology office so that is not unusual. What is surprising is that an anesthetic drop(which only lasts 1/2 hour) is given only once more than one hour ahead of the procedure and the staff get huffy if one asks them about it. There is no communication with family members allowed, even when one has the written paper work to legal permit it. Being overworked is no excuse to lose your humanity. I will never take my father there again. His condition is progressing unnecessarily because of the staff's incompetence. and the ultimate responsibility is Dr Leicht's.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I can't quite understand why people would dis this doctor. I have been told that there are only 4 retinal specialists in Manitoba, so what is the problem??? I & many people I've spoken to have been referred & seen within 1 month. I've had to wait 6 months to see an Optometrist. The office is operated in a very professional way. Dr Leicht is very professional & understanding. We need more like him. I've waited about 1 hr to see him which I think is great, my family Dr sees less people & I've waited 1/2 hr just to see her & I was the 1st pt of the morning. Stop complaining, we need more Dr's like him. I would recommend Dr Leicht to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011