You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ross Wilkinson

I had a knee repair in 2011 and it is still doing well. My questions were answered clearly and willingly. I am in my 70's and he valued my need to be active as much as he valued a younger person's need for sport.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I had my ACL repaired by Dr. Wilkinson in 2012 (hamstring)- I returned to playing multiple sports 5 months later and have had no issues. While my results were non typical in terms of timelines, the long term strength and recovery are key. Simply put he did a good job! I don't care if my doctor is nice or friendly (he was both with me) I just want competency - he did not strike me as a hand holder or a 'how's your day' kind of guy but he made me feel comfortable with his confidence and his efficiency. He was also able to perform the surgery 7 months faster then two other doctors recommended.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Wilkinson did surgical repairs on my ankle on two separate occasions. I consider myself lucky to have him attending to me. He is compassionate , extremely knowledgeable and inspires confidence in his patients.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

I had my ACL repaired by Dr. Wilkinson in April 2014, and I have had excellent results since the surgery and have been able to return to competitive volleyball in full capacity. Though some may find Dr. Wilkinson a bit cold, and at some times abrupt, I found his straight forward approach very comprehensive; he knew exactly what he and I needed to do.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I had 2 surgeries done by Dr.Wilkinson (torn meniscus fixed first followed by ACL restoration) in 2011. In my view Dr.Wilkinson is a great knee surgeon and direct communicator. I consider myself lucky to have had Dr.Wilkinson fix my knee.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Wilkinson is my knee hero. I blew out my knee (ACL/MCL) in June 2013 and then had surgery in November 2014 to repair a torn meniscus. As many others commented, he can be abrupt, but he's also very warm and caring and most importantly, an amazing surgeon. I wouldn't see anyone else. If I could give 100 stars I would!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Wilkinson is a great doctor who gives it to you as it is, I appreciate the direct approach and also find him empathetic to the situation. Going in for my second surgery (1 meniscus and 1 ACL), I would not see another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Okay, admittedly, this doctor's bedside manner is not great. However, when approaching any physician with regards to surgery, beside manner is a luxury, not a priority. I was injured playing basketball in university an had a torn meniscus and ACL, which ultimately required two surgeries to fix. Dr. Wilkinson was prompt, efficient, and most importantly, extremely effective. I am back to where I was prior to the injury, and my knee feels better than ever. I would 100% recommend this physician. I actually found his straightforwardness (which some may misinterpret as him being cold) quite reassuring in that I knew exactly what was wrong from the start, what needed to be done, and ultimately how quickly it could all be achieved. Looking back, I could not have asked for a better orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Dr. Ross Wilkinson's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a knee repair in 2011 and it is still doing well. My questions were answered clearly and willingly. I am in my 70's and he valued my need to be active as..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my ACL repaired by Dr. Wilkinson in 2012 (hamstring)- I returned to playing multiple sports 5 months later and have had no issues. While my results were n..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wilkinson did surgical repairs on my ankle on two separate occasions. I consider myself lucky to have him attending to me. He is compassionate , extremely..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my ACL repaired by Dr. Wilkinson in April 2014, and I have had excellent results since the surgery and have been able to return to competitive volleyball ..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had 2 surgeries done by Dr.Wilkinson (torn meniscus fixed first followed by ACL restoration) in 2011. In my view Dr.Wilkinson is a great knee surgeon and dir..."

September 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.carletonsportsmed.com/contact". Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K1S 5B6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16135233245".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wilkinson did a great job at repairing my ACL. He works with the sports medicine clinic which is a perfect fit for these types of injuries and repairs. ..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wilkinson is my knee hero. I blew out my knee (ACL/MCL) in June 2013 and then had surgery in November 2014 to repair a torn meniscus. As many others com..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wilkinson is a great doctor who gives it to you as it is, I appreciate the direct approach and also find him empathetic to the situation. Going in for my se..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor overall. I have been dealing with Dr Wilkinson since I was 19, I am now 44. Great guy to sit and chat with and extremely smart."

November 12, 2014