Ratings for Dr. Barry Goldenberg

Always amazing as a physician. Great patient care

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Going there for 3-4 years now. Dr Goldenberg is a good physician and will refer you to the right specialist immediately. The good part is that they have in house the most important specialties and it's easy with the appointments and the follow up. The bad side of things is that even if you take appointments ahead of time you still have to wait. It never happened to see him when I was scheduled. For convenience and because I have a good insurance I like the men's health program over there. Without insurance, it's too expensive and you're better in the public system. In regards to the staff, there is always room for improvement, it's neither better nor worse than anywhere else in a private clinic in Quebec. A smile and more empathy from their end will go a long way.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I've been Dr. Goldenberg's patient for 2 years now and very happy with his professionalism and knowledge . Always ready to help, easy with last minute appointments and his staff is great, especially Kateryna who is very professional and understanding as well. Can not ask for better Doctor in Montreal.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I actually don't mind paying a few hundred dollars a year to get a family doctor, because in my experience living downtown, it has been practically impossible to get and keep a family doctor. Having access to Dr. Goldenberg and all the specialists at the Westmount clinic are worthwhile. Dr. Goldenberg is helpful, and when he doesn't know the answer, will provide you will a referral to someone who he thinks does. GPs have less training in Canada than specialists (sometimes by half, only 4 years), so I don't find it odd that sometimes GPs don't have the answers. I just expect them to order the right tests and send me to see someone who may have the answer. What's neat, is that Westmount clinic has a lot of the specialists actually right there, so you don't have to go far to get that extra help! In my experience, Dr. Goldenberg doesn't automatically prescribe things, which I appreciate. He even really helped me out once, when a few hours before I was scheduled to fly out on an important family trip I got a rapid infection that required an important last-minute prescription - he scheduled me last minute and I was able to join my family. Overall, after 5 years with Dr. Goldenberg, I can say I am quite happy. It is easy to make an appointment with him: you can get an emergency one within a few days and a non-urgent one within a few weeks. His schedule is flexible enough and he makes available enough days of the week that I can easily work around my work schedule: before Dr. Goldenberg I found that I was taking off whole sick days every time I had to go see the doctor; not I'm able to usually book appointments on an extended 2-hour lunch hour. The wait time is usually 30-45 minutes. The one downside of this clinic is that sometime the receptionists can be quite rude: I have left here in tears more times than I care to admit. In particular, Dr. Goldenberg's newest receptionist, Katerina, is particularly frustrating. This receptionist acts like a petulant teenager when you make any request: making an appointment, preparing a note, arranging prescriptions, etc. It is so unpleasant, I have stopped picking up the phone when I know it may be her calling: my interactions with her ruin my day. As an example, I have a condition that makes it difficult for me to have very early appointments (I am slower than normal and it takes me longer to get up, get dressed, and walk to the clinic); when I mentioned this while booking an appointment Katerina sighed, rolled her eyes, and stated unsympathetically "Is 10:30 LATE ENOUGH for you?", as if I was the Queen of France asking for more dessert. It was humiliating, degrading and dehumanizing. I just don't understand why a clinic hires medical receptionists who aren't able to be empathetic to those going through medical conditions, treatments, etc.

Submitted March 26, 2015

I was diagnosed with Prostate cancer earlier in the year and took the advise to get some other opinions on my condition and treatment. I actually found Doctor Goldenberg through this site and contacted him at the Prostate Centre. So happy I did. He responded quickly, scheduled an assessment and surgery and he and his team were extremely proficient. This is a no-nonsense, highly-skilled doctor, but also has a caring bed-side manner that instantly put me at ease. I had robotic surgery on August 21st and I was out the next day with a positive (negative margins) pathology report 5 days later. Notwithstanding some discomfort and some 'functionality' issues, I'm feeling healthy and energized and have great peace-of-mind knowing the cancer is gone. I am happy to say my 90-day PSA test came back with excellent results as well. Kudos to Drs. Goldenberg, Douglas and Harrison and his team and VGH for what I consider one of the best hospital and treatment visits I have ever had. RBW.

Submitted December 17, 2014

A very caring and compassionate physician.I have been with Dr Goldenberg for over 10 years and he has always gone above and beyond the call of duty to care for me and my family. On one occasion he even felt so concerned about a test result that he called me at home one evening arranging an urgent appointment with a specialist the next day for my condition. His staff are very friendly and helpful whenever I have a question or need an appointment.I have referred many friends to him and they are extremely satisfied as well. I feel so secure being in such good hands!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I consider myself very fortunate to have Dr Goldenberg as my family doctor. He is kind patient and very knowledgeable and will go above and beyond to arrange quick appointments with specialists if he feels it necessary.He makes you feel a if you are his only patient when indeed he has a very full and busy practice. Will always see me when I have an emergency. A wonderful caring doctor who I consider to be one of the best in Montreal. So grateful for the wonderful care given over the years!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

In my experience, he is highly disengaged medical practitioner with little concern for patients care. Leaves a feeling of being more concerned with billable hours of patient then patient care. I would not trust my care to him. Not for a fee, or for free.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Always sees me when I call, and directs me in the right direction. Completely satisfied. I only wish all doctors in our health care system were like him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

barry is superb. very knowledgable. will check you thorougly before giving you a diagnostic. if need will send you to specialist . follow up good. easily available . great staff very understanding and human

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011