Ratings for Dr. Jorge Serje

I'm completely with the reviewer who suggested that Dr. Serje is more interested in meeting with Pharma reps than helping sick patients. I too waited more than 2 hours after making an appointment - and to pour salt into the wound, he saw a WALK-IN who came an hour after me before he saw me, a "regular" that he knew. THEN, he saw me for less than 10 minutes, told me to gargle with warm water, then prescribed to me a nasal spray. The shocker was when I went to pick it up - it was $215. For a NASAL SPRAY. Folks, this doctor's in cahoots with big pharma. I'm very sorry to say this because I do think Dr. Serje is a kind man, but this experience was the absolute worst.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. serje besides being a very knowledgeable professional of his field, is the most compassionate person I've ever met. After I have known and been through many doctors before, would not be able to trust another one.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I have never written a review about anything before; but really felt compelled to write one about Dr. Serje. He is the ideal model of the "modern medicine". He is very intelligent and has a great knowledge in his field. Unlike many Dr's that rush through their appointments and offer a “quick fix” with antibiotics, Dr. Serje truly listens and tries to deal with the underlying problem. I highly appreciate his genuine and sincere concern for my health.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

This doctor is more interested in meeting with pharma reps than treating the sick people in his waiting room. After waiting 2 hours (with an appointment, not a walk-in), he said he saw so many sick patients today. But I had seen him come out of his office with the pharma/med supply reps, several of whom were going back & forth between the back and waiting room while the room filled with patients. When I did see him (just coming in for treatment for a simple persistent cough) he listened to my chest for about 30 seconds and immediately directed his suggestion that I might have asthma - despite no history in my life or my family just having a cough for 1 week! He also prescribed a chest x-ray - for a simple cough! It's obvious this guy is milking the system (asthma is a chronic disease so he can treat repeatedly; a cold, he treats only once)and also sending referrals to friends. I feel bad for the local population who relies on his care, but for those who have options, stay away!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Jorge Serje's Credentials

• Russian

• Univ De Antioquia, Fac De Med, Medellin, Colombia (Grad. 1979)