Ratings for Dr. N. Wanis

His batch wife was nothing but rude to me every time I talked on the phone. Then I finally got an appointment. Dr. Wanis was a little sick with big man syndrome...nothing but rude. Don't waste your time going to these people.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

If you need surgery, Dr. Wanis is the one to go to, but on follow-up visits, if you need to discuss matters other than how quickly your surgical wounds are healing, you would be wise to discuss those matters with your family doctor or with anyone other than Dr. Wanis -- if at the hospital, the nurse on duty can be quite helpful. Dr. Wanis - THE GOOD: When given the opportunity to help a patient, his eyes light up and a big smile appears on his face. The twinkle in his eye, the spring in his step, the nervous little laugh, all suggest the behavior of a "big happy kid" about to enter a candy shop. He is an excellent surgeon. Compared to other surgeons, the countless hours he spends at the hospital tending to his patients suggest a man whose heart and soul are dedicated to his work. If you need surgery, you won't find a better surgeon anywhere else. Dr. Wanis - THE BAD: Dr. Wanis has a very fiery temper. He interrupts patients mid-sentence and does not allow them to finish saying what they have to say. His communication style is combative. He is quick to jump to erroneous conclusions based on partial information. Once he has reached a conclusion, there is nothing that will change his mind. He is a stubborn old coot. In my case, an unrelated condition was discovered during surgery and Dr. Wanis referred me to another specialist after completing a surgery that went very well. On a subsequent follow-up visit, Dr. Wanis asked me what the other specialist had told me, but didn't give me a chance to explain. He interrupted me and proceeded to contradict everything the other specialist had said. When I pointed out the discrepancies, Dr. Wanis threw a temper tantrum and proceeded to behave in a manner that reminded me of an angry chimp on a pogo stick. For his own safety, lest he jump out the 2nd floor window and hurt himself, I didn't dare ask him a simple question, "If the other specialist is a liar known to you, why did you send me to him?" Dr. Wanis's Staff: Booked an appointment at the hospital for a minor post-surgery outpatient procedure, but didn't tell the hospital why I was coming. When I arrived, the outpatient department was unprepared -- no dressings of the right kind, no syringes of the right size, no saline solution, no tubing, no medication, etc. The nurse on duty spent the better part of an hour scurrying all over the hospital to get all the supplies organized. The nurse was upset and Dr. Wanis, because of the delay, was in the foulest of moods that a human can be.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Worst doctor ever been too . was not worth my time been going back to him for the last 3 months still don't know what's wrong . he is just in it for the money not a helpful doctor at all . would not give me anything for my stomach pain

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

I will recommend this doc, I do not live in Yorkton, the office has helped me make appointments earlier so I do not have to drive on poor roads. Doc explains well, and addresses my concerns when I ask questions, or do not understand!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

My mother (89 years old) had seen Dr. Wanis previously for an irregularity in her mammogram. She was told to call for a follow up mammogram. She called and was told to come in to the office first. She was not given a physical exam just told that her mammogram would be on a certain day. She is 35 miles from the city that he practices in. She returned for the mammogram and told she would hear the results in 2 weeks. Over 2 months later (today) my mother received a call from the Pasqua Cancer Clinic asking if she had heard from her Doctor. She had not. They informed her that she had to come in for a mammogram or a biopsy. She had to set that up herself without knowing what the results her previous mammogram had shown. I cannot describe the fear and anxiety this has put on my mother. She was booked to leave on a month vacation the following Monday. The Cancer Clinic was very kind and booked her in 5 hours prior to her flight.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

I found that the receptionist was horrible she was rude and talked over me, she would not listen to what I was saying. I found her hard to understand and when I asked her to talk slower so I would be able to understand she got rude.Not very friendly at all!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Finally diagnosed my mom's problem with a CT scan but the scope he did earlier showed nothing & he didn't follow-up to find out what the problem was until it was almost too late. Surgery went well as did the time in Intensive Care, but on the regular floor everything needs an update!Follow-up appt. was a waste of a 'minute' & gas. Didn't listen to her at all & told family she's fine but she's not.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Had colonoscopy wih Dr. Wanis. Very helpful etc. during procedure. On follow-up appointment found him to be very rushed. Did not even get a change to ask one question - was rushed out of his office. He did not take time to barely acknowledge you.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

I also think that Dr.Wanis is a wonderful doctor. He did an axillary dissection and a mastectomy for me. He did a very nice job, the incision healed up very nicely and I had very little discomfort. I found him be very kind and thoughtful. He also has excellent bedside manner. I can't understand why anyone would go out of town for breast cancer surgery when we have such a good surgeon right here in Yorkton. I would reccomend Dr.Wanis to anyone for this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Wanis is a wonderful doctor. My husband and I are both his patients. His scopings are free of discomfort. He requests all tests needed to ensure one is healthy or to find out the problem. He removed my husband's colon cancer and no treatment was required. He knows his job very well and is very compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009