Ratings for Dr. N. Wanis

thank you Dr Wanis for my appendix getting removed im 10

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I thought he was a swell Doctor. He seems to be getting a lot of ridicule for his personality traits and his receptionist. Come on folks this a very stressful job .

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Wanis sent my husband to Saskatoon for surgery, my husband never came out of St. Pauls alive, please be very careful of these Drs. I wanted an appointment with Dr. Wanis about a week after he scoped my husband. His wife at the office said no appointment too busy too busy Can you believe this bull ---- I e-mailed Dr Bigsbey about my husband trying to get other options instead of surgery, every Dr. we spoke to said surgery. We asked our family Dr. to send us to a specialist in Regina, guess what he said. I cannot do it because Dr Wanis sent to Saskatoon already . What a bunch of bull ---- again. So now my husband is not here at 66 years of age. Be careful be very careful. Please everyone out there go to Regina for a diagnose if you are not feeling well

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

I dont know about his staff. I am sure they are fine. The guy took 2 days to come and see me, even though he was in the same hospital. I got 10 years of post secondary education, but I only bill for actually assessing. Really don’t think that Yorkton is your best option.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

People must be crazy or desperate to actually go to this guy. Lunatic. Huge temper. Massive arrogance. Rude to patients and staff. Little man syndrome. Terrible surgeon. Makes you wait forever to see him and acts like you should be praising him. Do yourselves a favor and go to Regina or Saskatoon. Unlikely he’s in Yorkton because he’s so good. My family has gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

How can you thank someone who literally saves your life? Dr. Wanis is an extremely dedicated, serious and skilled surgeon. I have great admiration of his knowledge, tireless energy, and his dedication. Sunrise Regional Health has been blessed with having a surgeon of Dr. Wanis' caliber. I have always found Dr. Wanis to be caring and attentive. His staff are wonderful; and his office receptionist is the best ever.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

His batch wife was nothing but rude to me every time I talked on the phone. Then I finally got an appointment. Dr. Wanis was a little sick with big man syndrome...nothing but rude. Don't waste your time going to these people.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

If you need surgery, Dr. Wanis is the one to go to, but on follow-up visits, if you need to discuss matters other than how quickly your surgical wounds are healing, you would be wise to discuss those matters with your family doctor or with anyone other than Dr. Wanis -- if at the hospital, the nurse on duty can be quite helpful. Dr. Wanis - THE GOOD: When given the opportunity to help a patient, his eyes light up and a big smile appears on his face. The twinkle in his eye, the spring in his step, the nervous little laugh, all suggest the behavior of a "big happy kid" about to enter a candy shop. He is an excellent surgeon. Compared to other surgeons, the countless hours he spends at the hospital tending to his patients suggest a man whose heart and soul are dedicated to his work. If you need surgery, you won't find a better surgeon anywhere else. Dr. Wanis - THE BAD: Dr. Wanis has a very fiery temper. He interrupts patients mid-sentence and does not allow them to finish saying what they have to say. His communication style is combative. He is quick to jump to erroneous conclusions based on partial information. Once he has reached a conclusion, there is nothing that will change his mind. He is a stubborn old coot. In my case, an unrelated condition was discovered during surgery and Dr. Wanis referred me to another specialist after completing a surgery that went very well. On a subsequent follow-up visit, Dr. Wanis asked me what the other specialist had told me, but didn't give me a chance to explain. He interrupted me and proceeded to contradict everything the other specialist had said. When I pointed out the discrepancies, Dr. Wanis threw a temper tantrum and proceeded to behave in a manner that reminded me of an angry chimp on a pogo stick. For his own safety, lest he jump out the 2nd floor window and hurt himself, I didn't dare ask him a simple question, "If the other specialist is a liar known to you, why did you send me to him?" Dr. Wanis's Staff: Booked an appointment at the hospital for a minor post-surgery outpatient procedure, but didn't tell the hospital why I was coming. When I arrived, the outpatient department was unprepared -- no dressings of the right kind, no syringes of the right size, no saline solution, no tubing, no medication, etc. The nurse on duty spent the better part of an hour scurrying all over the hospital to get all the supplies organized. The nurse was upset and Dr. Wanis, because of the delay, was in the foulest of moods that a human can be.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Worst doctor ever been too . was not worth my time been going back to him for the last 3 months still don't know what's wrong . he is just in it for the money not a helpful doctor at all . would not give me anything for my stomach pain

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

I will recommend this doc, I do not live in Yorkton, the office has helped me make appointments earlier so I do not have to drive on poor roads. Doc explains well, and addresses my concerns when I ask questions, or do not understand!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013