Ratings for Dr. Gene R. Barrett

Dr Barrett was very knowledgable and diagnosed me immediately unlike many other Drs I have seen in the past!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Removed and cleaned my torn cartilage. I was walking ok in days. Great knee surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

NOW AT UNIVERSITY PHYSICIANS. LIKE THIS MUCH BETTER THAN MS SPORTS MEDICINE. WAS NOT AS RUSHED DID NOT FEEL HERDED LIKE CATTLE, EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED IN DETAIL. DID MRI AND VISIT SAME DAY HARDLY ANY WAITING. EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MS MEDICAL CENTER

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Wouldn't explain anything to me. No relationship or trust was established. Seemed completely unconcerned that I may want to understand what had happened to my knee (ligament tear) or why he was telling me to do certain things. Each time I had to tell him when the injury had happened. It was obvious he wasn't even reading my paperwork. After 3 months he finally told me to "Do whatever you want" as if I could just run out and squat 300 pounds and train for a marathon right away. I'm now having pain in both knees and going to go to another doctor because I honestly don't trust he read my MRI right. Very expensive mistake going to him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I had my acl repaired in 2000 I'm still doing great. I play and participate in high contact sports and have no problems. I'm fortunate I was living in jacskon at the time of my injury.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Great job reconstructing my acl!! He will repair my other knee next.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Injured my knee playing sports. He fixed it correctly and I'm playing again. Great knee surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

Best ACL Surgeon in MS.. He actually invented some of the tools that are used in surgery. He is a no nonsence doctor. He went straight to the problem and within 4 months my Knee was back to normal and pain free thanks to Dr. Barrett and the PT center at MS Spts Med.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Seemed to only care about patients that are in professional sports or a were high profile.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Told me that my severe knee pain was due to a tight hamstring and that I should stretch for an hour each day. I'm almost 40 and have had tight hamstrings all my life but my knee pain had just started the month before. Went back to him one more time because I had heard he was the "best knee guy in Mississippi". Finally left for another doctor who immediately sent me for an MRI. I had a torn medial meniscus which required surgery. I'm now a few months post-op and my pain is gone. Stretching??? Seriously, this guy may have once been great, but now??

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. Gene R. Barrett's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)