Ratings for Dr. Martin K. Melman

I have been seeing Dr. Melman for over 20 years and I rate him very highly. He always give me more than enough time and is thorough and unflappable. He has a wry sense of humor and is attentive, good-natured and responsive. When I needed referrals to specialists, he never hesitated and always referred me to excellent doctors. He is also my wife's doctor and during a routine physical exam, his suspicions led to an early diagnosis of cancer which was promptly treated. He is the best.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Although his staff was not very good, I thought that he was a pretty good doctor until he made a remark that was quite insulting to me. After he saw that I was extremely upset about his remark, he said that he didn't know why I was so upset and left. I never went back to him again after that. If you're a woman I would think twice about seeing him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Excellent doctor but a bit casual about appointments. Long waiting time in office. Willing to listen to patients and not doctrinaire about treatments. We have used him for 30 years and have seen him grow old and mellow. He actually keeps up with the medical literature unlike many of his peers.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Staff is rude and ignores patients to talk amongst themselves.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr. Martin K. Melman's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1974)

HealthFirst