Ratings for Dr. Orrin Devinsky

Using multi-faceted approach including non-conventional medications

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Helped my son immensely! My son was having MAJOR seizures and another neurologist said he saw a little "thing" on the mri but not to worry. Dr. D knew what it was right away and now my son's seizures are under control. Genius and SO nice. Love him and his staff and my son's stay at NYU was great, everyone there was just so knowledgeable and you could tell they were all the "cream of the crop.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My son has been seeing Dr. Devinsky in New Jersey for about 2 years now and has been seizure free for a year. He is 23 years old. His staff is wonderful and when we call, we get almost an immediate return call. Dr. Devinsky literally has saved my son's life and he has begun to live again. He is the best!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Currently there is an active investigation for Siddhartha Nadkarni by the NY State Health Department for serious violations of State and Federal law. Additional complaints have been filed with OPMC (NY State Health Department investigating division) for additional charges and investigations against Orrin Devinsky, Daniel Friedman, Barbara Clayton (Devinsky’s nurse) and April Clark admin for violations of State and Federal law. Among some of the charges include, failure to report illegal activity, fraudulent billing, malicious retaliation for making the NYEN/NYU and outside agencies aware of serious violations of State and Federal law and misconduct, negligence, deviation from acceptable standards of care, undated prescriptions for controlled substances, libel, and moral unfitness to practice medicine, spoliaton of medical record. If you have had similar experiences, I urge you to contact the investigators at OPMC (Office of Professional Medical Conduct).

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Devinsky is the most amazing, caring, doctor we have ever encountered. Unbelievably responsive and compassionate. If it was not for him my son would not be alive. Seizure free for 5 year and counting. Can't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Been a patient of his for over 25 yrs he has patients from all over the world. He is probably a gazillionarie and acts and dresses like an average guy...no pompous attitude that he could so have. I would never ever see anyone else and don't get these bad reviews ...he's a doll!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Knowledgeable but not nice imo. Friendly is important for this because it's so disruptive.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Went for consult in summer. Just be warned you'll see a nurse for most of visit. I didn't feel any warmth at all from nurse or dr. And was hard for me to go this Far East. Will look elsewhere

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr Devinsky is the bomb. I have been treated by over 20 neurologists in the US and Canada for 34 years. It was Dr Devinsky who gave me my life of being seizure free. He is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever met. He truly cares about the well being of his patients. He is very responsive to all questions, be it during a visit, email, or phone call or fax. He responds by the end of the day. Kudos Dr. D, miss you!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. Devinsky is the genius who was able to get my seizures under control. He gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Orrin Devinsky's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1982)