Dr. Ranga Chelva Krishna
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(29)

"Hello Sir!! My girlfriend had a car crash that suffered a cerebral traumatism that ..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Orrin Devinsky

Obnoxious man with NO bedside manner. Will tell you nothing without test. My son thought he was insensitive. Horrible. Avoid.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

Orrin Devinsky fraudulently billed after having been paid in full to an insurance he did not take at the time United Healthcare (double billing and even triple billing) for services never provided, and billing as the doctor seen, when he was not. I have pd bills that were improperly submitted and the corresponding EOB, including opened investigations by the insurance company United Healthcare, who pulled back money for fraud, as well as documents prepared by my attorney for the state investigators regarding extensive fraud. All three doctors, Siddhartha Nadkarni, Orrin Devinsky, and Daniel Friedman engaged in extensive billing fraud and continued to resubmit for payment even after money was pulled back for fraud by the insurance company-- multiple times! And this billing scheme extended to also being billed by McKesson on their behalf for bills already paid in full! Furthermore, all three doctors engaged in a malicious retaliatory campaign, which included spoliation of my medical when they were rightfully reported for their unlawful conduct, and information was brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities. When Orrin Devinsky was made aware of illegal conduct on the part of Siddhartha Nadkarni, his subordinate, which included erratic and unlawful conduct, providing undated prescriptions for controlled substances because he was, unreliable, unresponsive, and unreachable for extended periods of time, even for routine visits, timely prescription refills, or medical issues, rather than adhere to his legal and ethical responsibilities, Orrin Devinsky sought not to contact the authorities, or elevate the matter to the Hospital (as required by State and Federal law). Instead, he chose to cover up for Siddhartha Nadkarni, an incompetent, dangerous doctor at his patient's expense. His concern was solely focused on protecting his facility rather than protecting patient(s), knowing the serious, and significant risk Siddhartha Nadkarni posed. Orrin Devinsky actually charged me and the insurance company (an insurance he did not take at the time) illegally, for turning in Siddhartha Nadkarni-- who was unquestionably engaging in unlawful conduct. This included fabricating a phony visit that never happened, and making no mention of the reason for our few minute conversation where he was handed an undated prescription and advised of my wanting to change care. Furthermore, he continued to resubmit after the insurance company pulled money for fraud! He also never reimbursed me for all the improper charges from him, Siddhartha Nadkarni, or Daniel Friedman over 3 1/2 years. This fraudulent billing continued even after I left the practice. My attorney outlined extensive fraud for State Investigators for Orrin Devinsky, Daniel Friedman and Siddhartha Nadkarni in a addition to outlining Orrin Devinsky's failure to adhere to his reporting responsibilities, and malicious retaliation evidenced by a fabricated patient record to cover up unlawful conduct (including his own). Orrin Devinsky has been reported to multiple agencies and additional formal complaints are in the process of being submitted as we speak. NYU Compliance, while stonewalling, did acknowledge the fact that NY Epilepsy & Neurology and its staff, which included, Barbara Clayton (Devinsky's Nurse) April Clark, Practice Administrator, Daniel Friedman (Doctor), and Orrin Devinsky (Doctor and Dir), all failed in their legal responsibility both to report and elevate Siddhartha Nadkarni's unquestionably unlawful conduct and undated prescriptions. All of whom who were FULLY aware of the serious problems, notwithstanding their intentional retaliatory efforts. NYU Langone, Annette Johnson and Robert Grossman also failed in their legal responsibility to elevate matters to law enforcement, and the NY State Health Department, as required by State and Federal law, as well as NYU Mandate.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

I would strongly advise seeking out a different doctor. Orrin Devinsky engaged in fraudulent billing practices, as did Daniel Friedman and Siddhartha Nadkarni. He also did not report additional serious illegal conduct on the part of Siddhartha Nadkarni, a doctor in his practice who was providing improper, dangerous, and unlawful care, which he was legally required to do this per State and Federal law. The Health Dept opened multiple investigations for Siddhartha Nadkarni for multiple issues including providing undated prescriptions for controlled substances. Instead of appropriately responding, Orrin Devinsky attempted to cover up for this doctor's illegal activity by not adhering to his reporting responsibilities. When I was forced to go in to the office due to the improper care I was receiving, he falsely reported that he did an examinations, which he did not, and fabricated a visit that never happened, making no mention of the real reason I was there. Worse, he charged me for this and also behind my back charged my insurance, an insurance he did not take at the time. An insurance investigation was done and money was pulled back by my insurance for fraud. I was never reimbursed for improperly being charged for turning in a doctor who was providing improper care in violation of State and Federal law.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

This doctor has it all. First and foremost, he is compassionate and you are left with a feeling that he genuinely cares about you. He is brilliant and I feel blessed to have him as my doctor. Five stars all the way. Five stars for his assistant, Dr. David, as well. Highly recommended !!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. Devinsky is a very kind man with lots of knowledge on Epilepsy. We have been through a few neurologist and when we met him, we knew he was the one who was going to help our little girl with her silent and scary seizures. We highly recommend Dr. Devinsky and his team to any parent who has not been successful with any neurologist. He is the BEST in our eyes. Thank you for always your quick response to all our emergencies. We are blessed you are our little Carolyn AMAZING neurologist.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Using multi-faceted approach including non-conventional medications

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Helped my son immensely! My son was having MAJOR seizures and another neurologist said he saw a little "thing" on the mri but not to worry. Dr. D knew what it was right away and now my son's seizures are under control. Genius and SO nice. Love him and his staff and my son's stay at NYU was great, everyone there was just so knowledgeable and you could tell they were all the "cream of the crop.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My son has been seeing Dr. Devinsky in New Jersey for about 2 years now and has been seizure free for a year. He is 23 years old. His staff is wonderful and when we call, we get almost an immediate return call. Dr. Devinsky literally has saved my son's life and he has begun to live again. He is the best!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Devinsky is the most amazing, caring, doctor we have ever encountered. Unbelievably responsive and compassionate. If it was not for him my son would not be alive. Seizure free for 5 year and counting. Can't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Been a patient of his for over 25 yrs he has patients from all over the world. He is probably a gazillionarie and acts and dresses like an average guy...no pompous attitude that he could so have. I would never ever see anyone else and don't get these bad reviews ...he's a doll!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Orrin Devinsky's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1982)