Ratings for Dr. Orrin Devinsky

Like many have noted below, Orrin Devinsky is essentially unavailable to patients. He spends very little time with you, and passes you on to someone else. During your visit with that other doctor, Devinsky may or may not be pulled in for literally 30 seconds and then charges you for a visit as well! In my case, he and two other doctors Daniel Friedman and Siddhartha Nadkarni were engaged in a fraud scheme to double bill. Nadkarni and Devinsky did not take UHC at that time yet submitted payment after being paid in full to an insurance they did not take. They banked on UHC sending payments in error, which they did. UHC had to pull back money from Orrin Devinsky, Daniel Friedman and Siddhartha Nadkarni for financial fraud. Worse they had the audacity to resubmit for payment (even after having money pulled back) multiple times! I had my receipts to prove this and in addition to other violations of law, hired an attorney who determined that that office over 3 1/2 years fraudulently billed 66% of the time! This info was forwarded to the Health Department (OPMC) in connection to the two opened investigations for Siddhartha Nadkarni for illegal prescription practices, financial fraud, negligent care, and malicious retaliation. My experience was deeply troubling and disturbing. Orrin Devinsky is an embarrassment to his field.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr. Devinsky is a very kind man with lots of knowledge on Epilepsy. We have been through a few neurologist and when we met him, we knew he was the one who was going to help our little girl with her silent and scary seizures. We highly recommend Dr. Devinsky and his team to any parent who has not been successful with any neurologist. He is the BEST in our eyes. Thank you for always your quick response to all our emergencies. We are blessed you are our little Carolyn AMAZING neurologist.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Using multi-faceted approach including non-conventional medications

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Helped my son immensely! My son was having MAJOR seizures and another neurologist said he saw a little "thing" on the mri but not to worry. Dr. D knew what it was right away and now my son's seizures are under control. Genius and SO nice. Love him and his staff and my son's stay at NYU was great, everyone there was just so knowledgeable and you could tell they were all the "cream of the crop.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My son has been seeing Dr. Devinsky in New Jersey for about 2 years now and has been seizure free for a year. He is 23 years old. His staff is wonderful and when we call, we get almost an immediate return call. Dr. Devinsky literally has saved my son's life and he has begun to live again. He is the best!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Currently there is an active investigation for Siddhartha Nadkarni by the NY State Health Department for serious violations of State and Federal law. Additional complaints have been filed with OPMC (NY State Health Department investigating division) for additional charges and investigations against Orrin Devinsky, Daniel Friedman, Barbara Clayton (Devinsky’s nurse) and April Clark admin for violations of State and Federal law. Among some of the charges include, failure to report illegal activity, fraudulent billing, malicious retaliation for making the NYEN/NYU and outside agencies aware of serious violations of State and Federal law and misconduct, negligence, deviation from acceptable standards of care, undated prescriptions for controlled substances, libel, and moral unfitness to practice medicine, spoliaton of medical record. If you have had similar experiences, I urge you to contact the investigators at OPMC (Office of Professional Medical Conduct).

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Devinsky is the most amazing, caring, doctor we have ever encountered. Unbelievably responsive and compassionate. If it was not for him my son would not be alive. Seizure free for 5 year and counting. Can't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Been a patient of his for over 25 yrs he has patients from all over the world. He is probably a gazillionarie and acts and dresses like an average guy...no pompous attitude that he could so have. I would never ever see anyone else and don't get these bad reviews ...he's a doll!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Knowledgeable but not nice imo. Friendly is important for this because it's so disruptive.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Went for consult in summer. Just be warned you'll see a nurse for most of visit. I didn't feel any warmth at all from nurse or dr. And was hard for me to go this Far East. Will look elsewhere

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Orrin Devinsky's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1982)

MSP/BC Med