Ratings for Dr. Ronald Guzman

My family has been going to Dr Guzman for years. The only reason we have not changed before this is the time and energy it takes to change practices. However, after my husband's recent cancer diagnosis, we will be changing immediately. My mom dies 3 years ago from advanced Renal Carcinoma, guess who her doctor was?? Yup, Dr Guzman. She had gone to him for month's reporting she just wasn't feeling right, had increased pain and multiple falls. He repeated the same blood work again and again, which did show some elevated levels that her did nothing about. After finally taking my mother to urgent care because of her pain, found she was full of cancer. Now, my 56 year old husband's recent diagnosis of aggressive Prostate cancer has us very concerned. His PSA levels were gradually rising over the past three years, and guess who did nothing?? My husband was the initiator of action. Dr. Guzman is incompetent as an MD and should give up his license as a doctor. I lost my mom 9 weeks after her diagnosis and now my husband is in the fight of his life. Yes, I am angry, and am looking into a new practice immediately!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Only sees you for a few minutes. No follow up information after tests. Have to push him all the way to get information. Not recommended. Avoid.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

He will see you for 3 mins tops..He never makes eye contact..He had a huge folder on me and all my vists.over a 8 year period..Moved to New Dr. requested all my records he only sent over 8 pages..Found out he shreds his records on you because of many malpractice suits..Patients addicted to opioid pain pills..Which I'm sure he dosent any more because he being investigated by the State of NY.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

He is currently in a new office, with other physicians, however if you don't take his available appt times they will not allow you to see any other physician. I can't afford to leave work hours early to wait a long period of time just to see him. This office is all about what works for the physicians and has no patient care at all. I have severe allergies and get sinus infections a lot. They are always telling me it hasn't been long enough and I wait so long I am in pain, I am also a diabetic, so I call their emergency number and listed to Dr. Guzman telling me to make appts during the day and don't bother him at night it's for emergencies only... If it's that much of an emergency wouldn't you call an ambulance???

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Wanted to give me a appointment in five days after I told them I was at immediate care the night before with severe pain. Person who answer phone was very unprofessional and was talking to another person and me at the same time.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

scripts ever ready..apts run 2 3 hours behind..never call back re labs...staff is unfriendly and im a nurse to kow better..no follow thru on labs a rays conditions and has a lack of concerene for patiests..scripts written wrong...office unorgangized..lost all my prev. med records

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

He really never looks at you when you're talking. He miss diagnosed me when I had lyme disease. I don't know if he ever looks at the test reports. I would like to find another doctor at some point. Also you wait forever and checkout takes forever.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Similar to what others wrote, he never actually looks at while talking to you. Check out takes FOREVER, and you are never actually seen at your appointment time. I do have an easy time scheduling an appointment however. The office is a dump- it needs an extreme makeover. I did meet once with a PA who was very nice and attentive.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Friendly staff. Knowledgeable,respectful.Doctor,staff very professional

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

I was recommended to this practice by a friend-Dr Guzman seems nice enough, but really doesn't seem to know what is going on with you in terms of medical history etc. Seems oblivious to the medical history and in fact told me that he never got my records from my former physician even though I signed the appropriate forms-That was quite troubleing to me. His office is almost impossible to reach-I never talk to a person when I call, and the staff seems very disorganized. I will be looking for a new doctor-enough is enough

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Dr. Ronald Guzman's Credentials

• Univ De Monterrey, Fac De Med, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (Grad. 1989)