Ratings for Dr. Harry J. Schinder

I couldn't be happier. He is a great GP who is knowledgable, caring, and friendly!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I had a 1 pm initial new patient appointment. I waited and waited. I went from the big waiting room to a small exam room. I was never given an estimate of how much longer the wait would be or even told that the doctor was running late (much less an apology for the wait). After waiting for over an hour, at 2:15 I gave up and told the receptionist I was leaving. Herresponse was "buh bye" and that usually the wait is over two hours so I shouldn't complain. I also spoke to the office manager who was more sympathetic and almost apologetic. The drug company reps had no problem going right back to see the doctor (one bought lunch for the office staff, another brought in Starbucks for all of them). So it was clear where the doctor's time was spent. I never did get to see the doctor and will be making an appointment with another local physician. Overall, poor service and poor punctuality. The doctor may be good but the office is poorly run and unconcerned about the patient's time.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr Schinder is a good doctor and a good person. He listens, especially if you are an educated patient - he runs the tests you want. I have only been to him for that reason, I use naturopathic doctors. He did run other tests that I didn't ask for to rule out things as well. The wait time in the office is fair, but most general practioners are the same.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr. Harry J. Schinder's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1980)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union