Ratings for Dr. Paul Chiu

Dr. Paul Chiu is a wonderful family doctor so I do not understand why there aren't a lot good reviews or where those bad reviews come from. He is caring of my needs and his staff are very nice. The whole team work together well and helped me a lot all these years. I'm grateful for every outstanding job and appreciate their efforts. He personally called me about my test results. Ensures that all your concerns are addressed during your appointment. Mostly punctual but the overall visit is satisfying. He is not only a very skilled doctor in Western medicine but also knowledgeable in Chinese medicine. He has treated my parents to live healthy lives and I can't thank him enough. My whole family feels taken care of. So I highly recommend him and his services to others since there are great things to be said about. Lucky he is still working .

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

我很高興他可以做我的家庭醫生.三十二年来我的家人和我看见他,我们相信他.他非常熟悉,非常乐意听.他有责任心,耐心和爱心.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Agree with much of the comments below. Going to be looking for a new doctor pretty soon but he was a good doctor for when I had him. At some point though someone more knowledgable might be worth looking into as someone's well being might depend on it.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I see him cause my family sees him. They think he's good with all his experience. I don't get sick often, but the times I do go to the clinic I think he does a great job. He gets straight to the problem first, chats with me (listens and gives me info I could use and such), and would follow up on my past issues. More thorough then some doctors at the med-centre. Sometimes I wished he would work more but he's getting old. It's hard for me to take time off from work so when I do get to see him it does take a while. And then I just found out that he works on Saturdays. Pfft! If the staff told me that earlier I would have came on that day. He's got new help, and it does speed things up.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I took few times half day off to see him for acute pain in the lower abdomen, he suggested me to take Vitamin D, until one day , I had severe pain and went to emergency room, the doctor asked few questions then immediately give me urine filter, and found I was passing kidney stone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I live in Calgary but I come back to Edmonton to do my annual physical checkup. The staff had called me to tell me that they've moved. I went to their new clinic, and I was greeted by very friendly staff the moment I walked in the door. I had an appointment made so I was seen pretty quickly even though the clinic was full of patients. I could see that they were busy so I did have to wait a bit obviously. My experience was great! I got helpful advice and got many questions answered by my doctor. He was listening to all my questions and he even shared his own experiences with me too. He's polite and respectful. I remember he was willing to make time to see my mother even though he was booked completely full. His expertise matched his many years of service since I have been seeing him since I was a kid. I do miss the old clinic; it was like a second home to me. And the staff are new; they were very professional and reminded me to fast for my blood tests. So overall, I will definitely go there again.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

So bad. My mom with little education and can barely speak enough English to survive saw this doctor over 10 visits that one year complaining of stomach pains and only got prescription medication for her pain, finally bled into the toilet. It was only because of an E.R. doctor that we found her cancer. The E.R. doctor then had her see several specialists to determine the location and severity of the cancer. The cancer had reached stage 4 by then. Doctors said she only had about 6 months to live. Saw a whole bunch of different doctors after that.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

The worst Dr. ever. With Eng as our 2nd lang, our family had him as our family Dr. for many years. No one in our family see him anymore and very rightlyfully so. He didn't send my g'ma in for a mammogram until she was 72. luckily she's healthy in that aspect but 30 years too late? Also, i had a really bad sinus infection and he told me to stop picking my nose.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Despite complains about acute back pain from a car accident, he said I was just imagining it. I trusted him and tried to tough it out with a whole lot of prescribed tylenol. Six months later and the pain worsened, I was finally admitted to a chiropractor through another doctor. Turns out my femur was dislocated in my hip from the accident. The chiropractor was simply amazed at how I even managed to take the pain all these time because the femur was pressing on my spinal cord, causing inflammation. Due to the word count limitation, I am going to end this review by telling you folks he used to be our family doctor, and now we have all moved on to better places where the doctors are competent and actually care. I understand it is pretty hard to get with a doctor these days, but please stay away from this one if you can.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

He's nice but he is not knowledgeable. I was in a car accident many years ago and I kept complaining to him that my neck and shoulder hurt. He told me to just go swimming and that eventually it would go away. I did what he told me to but the pain did not go away and I eventually went to another doctor who said that Dr. Chiu made things worse for me and that I would not be in as much pain as I was if he had properly diagnosed my condition from the start. At one point, he suggested that I was just having an anxiety attack and that all the pain was just in my mind. I have gone through 13 yrs of pain because Dr. Chiu did not give me the right advise. I was a teenager when I was in the car accident and I trusted his advice and judgment. Now that I'm in my 30's I realize that he is just a really bad doctor and unfortunately he does more harm than good.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Medicaid / Medi-Cal
  • Medicaid of Maryland
OneNet
  • OneNet PPO
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Prime Health Services
Priority Partners
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Workers Comp