Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Karbowitz

The dr came recommended by my primary and I was encouraged to see him numerous d times to deal with my asthma.when I finally was able to make an appointment, he only has hours twice a week, I waited over 2 hours in the waiting room despite there only being 3 other patients who were already being seen. Once in the exam room, I again waited. Although he first seemed nice, he proceeded to judge me based on the fact that I am "single" and pregnant. I clarified that I was engaged to the baby's father and he made other comments about my situation. I was called an imbecile many times during my exam and encouraged to kill my cats (his word were "throw them over the river, I don't care") due to my asthma even though I explained I hadn't had a problem with them since I room them in. He disregarded that I am currently sick and continued to blame my cats. In total, he told me to get rid of them over 30 times and he called my father who he never met an imbecile as well.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Dr. Stephen R. Karbowitz's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1971)