Ratings for Dr. Michael Davidson

Was my doctor for 35 years til his retirement. Treated me like family. Happy Retirement.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Davidson for 21 years. He is an incredible person, and a fantastic doctor. With his retirement looming, I feel I have lost a family member. A thoughtful, thorough doctor with a hilarious sense of humor. Happy retirement Dr. D., you will be sorely missed.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Best family doctor ever... knowledgeable, kind and involves you in the decision-making. He deserves some great retirement years, but boy will I miss him. Thanks, Dr. Davidson.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Davidson has been our family doctor for 35 years before my son was born. My son has been diagnosed with terminal cancer by an oncologist and Dr. Davidson has been sincere in helping him. He calls after hours to talk to us and regularly calls my son to check on him and his family. I have been extremely satisfied with his care of our family. My son and his wife are sad that he will be retiring and their twin boys will have to see someone else. We love him dearly.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I visited this doctor once a few years ago accompanying my elderly father, and in Dec. 2011 faxed him concerns my dad outlined and wanted attended to, when my dad visited with my sister and brother-in-law. My dad always commented on how late Dr. Davidson was and how he rarely fully listened. In the earlier visit my sister and I experienced his nurse/receptionist banging on the door every 10 minutes. My sister said the same thing happened in Dec. 2011. In addition, Davidson read part of the fax and said "I'm pissed off", continued reading and added, "Now I'm really pissed off" and ended up commenting to my sister, dad and brother-in-law: "Is she a **** or what?" In my fax, I had merely outlined service my dad wanted to get. I have since received a very abusive fax and I will be registering a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I suggest other patients who have had problems also do this. There is no excuse for such unprofessional, rude and arrogant behaviour.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

A very good man. I met him at a walk in clinic in 1982 when I was feeling very emotionally distressed. He was fantastic and he realized that I was emotionally fragile and at risk for suicide without my knowing it myself. He asked me to come and see him again the next day and he made sure that I saw a psychiatrist that week. He researched the latter doctor specifically for my needs. I found Dr. Davidson to be an extremely sensitive listener and a timely interventionist. As I was new to the area and I didn't know anyone, he was very solicitous and professional in keeping his office and himself in touch with me until I saw the psychiatrist three days later. For that I am grateful but I didn't know it at the time. I was his patient then for 4 years until I finished university, thanks to him. But I will always rate him as the best family doctor I ever had as he went on to treat me for the day to day coughs and colds and yearly check ups. Oh! I got better in the head too Thx Dr. D.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

He is ALMOST on time if you book your appointment first thing in the morning. He is thorough in trying to find the problem, but not all that helpful in coming up with solutions.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

He is an egomaniac and it is his way or the highway. Has zero patience and we absolutely dreaded going to see him. We have now changed docs and could not be happier. If you are considering him as your doc...don't!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr.Davidson wants to do things his way or not at all.As well as being consistently late he rushes through each appointment I have just signed on with another Dr.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Ihave been going to Dr Davidson for almost 15 years and only visit when absolutely necessary. In the past 5 years, I have noticed that my concerns have been downplayed. He no longer listens and totally minimizes what could be a serious situation with a "hunch". I expect that he should take all precautions to be sure of his diagnosis. I loathe the idea of locating a new GP, but feel this to be my only option.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. Michael Davidson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.