Ratings for Dr. Patrick Boyle

He is pleasant, and will respond to your concerns if you insist. He tends to brush things under the rug at times. Be aware you are not able to see any other dr. if you are his patient (including walk in clinics) and he takes months off at a time without notifying his patients....whereby you are stuck until he returns. If I had a choice, I would've chosen a differt m.d.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

This man has a Dr.=God complex, an ego that is too easily bruised, and he will not listen, will not listen if you say you are allergic to something he prescribes, he is negligent, not up on modern medicine and downright DANGEROUS! In serious condition? RUN the other way! (or get someone to wheel you to a new Dr.)

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Best doctor I have ever had! I simply cannot believe what one person said about Dr. Boyle being "pushy" etc. If anything, he is very gentle and attentive (perhaps that person should proof-read his/her message for poor grammar, punctuation etc. That poor communication just goes to show you that the comments made by him/her lack credibility... If you are looking for an amazingly GOOD physician, look no further. Dr. Boyle is wonderful. We are lucky to have him in Lethbridge.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Very loud, pushy, demanded I go off all my meds before he would take me as a patient, so he could start over and change all my meds, these are meds that it took 20 years to find ones that didn't give me bad side effects and did help my problems. Also complained that here in Canada the patients didn't treat him like a God like in Scotland where they would take a drug they were allergic to if he told them to. I explained that here we have think for ourselves, to care for ourselves and the Dr. is a partner in that care . He got red in the face and said we should not take an over the counter product without talking to the Dr. first, and I said there is no way to contact busy Alberta doctors so often for that. I wouldn't go off all my meds, so we parted ways.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

been with him since he came to canada have recommended him to all friends and family

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

I started seeing Dr Boyle while he was still at the Northside Medical clinic. He is a very warm and friendly man, however, when it comes to finding out what the issue is, he does very little. I was seeing him while I was pregnant, and my pregnancy went from normal to high risk really fast in the first trimester. Instead of referring me to an OB, he continued to care for me. He obviously had no idea what he was doing when it came to prenatal care, and I often felt like I knew more about what I needed done then he did. At one point, he did a urine test, and I overhead him say that I had an infection, but he never told me about it! Of course, 3 days later I was in the hospital because of cramping, and they found I had a terrible UTI! At this point, I requested a referral to an OB. I've already been waiting close to THREE weeks for his office to send the letter!! The office while easy to get into for an appointment gives off a really chaotic, unorganized feel.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

Dr. Boyle listens - really listens and is truly concerned about me, his patient. I am scheduled for surgery at some point, but until that time, he is doing all he can to help me cope. I thank God for this doctor, and for all the help he has given me. He has aleviated any fears I may have had, and has restored my faith in the "good doctor" of the past. Thank you, Dr. Boyle!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007

Pleasant man. Concerned. Needs to follow thru a little quicker.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2007

You can be sure with Dr. Boyle that if he cannot figure it out he will find someone that can! A very gentle and understanding doctor who will take the time.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

This gentleman is the best doctor I have had since my previous doctor retired. It was difficult to find a new doctor, and I "interviewed" several before I came to Dr. Boyle. If you are looking for a sincerely concerned doctor who treats his patients not as numbers (or "cases"), but as fellow human beings, then he is your best. I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007