Ratings for Dr. Susan Turkington

She is very rushed. Never had an appointment that lasted more than 10 minutes. Had a follow up once that lasted literally 3 minutes and was charged my copay. She doesn't answer follow up questions, instead she asks that you make another appointment. I recently decided to switch doctors - because I'm finally fed up with Gainesville Family Practice and it's support staff - and couldn't get an appointment with the new doctor before my prescription ran out. She refused to give me one more month to hold me over until my new doctor had an opening. I'm having to go a week without my medication because of her decision. When I was trying to understand why she decided to not give me an extension her nurse actually said to me that she wasn't going to argue with me. I was being completely polite and just asking why and I felt her nurse's response was completely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I agree with some of the other comments about Dr. Turkington not taking time to listen. My expeirnce with her was about 2 years ago and she left a very bad impression one me. I tried to ask her a question, and as she was walking out the door she said "go to go hum" and I did not see her again. The office manager was no help either. I spoke with her about what happened and she said she would look into it and call me back but never did. DO not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

Dr. Turkington and her staff, particularly her Nurse Linda, are very attentive and thorough. She has always addressed my issues seriously and given advice and referrals as needed. Also, she remembers me even when there are many months between visits.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Dr. Turkington's nurse Kathy is worthless and communicates very poorly. Information was passed through her to Dr. Turkington and when I received information back; it wasn’t related to what my request was. I ended up questioning what Kathy had passed to Dr. Turkington and sure enough, she didn’t pass what was initially asked. Again, she was way off and she began to get very defensive. Not to mention, when I did receive the call back from Kathy, she had called the wrong number and asked for a name besides mine. When I told her she had called the wrong person, she seemed to have lost focus in what she was trying to accomplish. I had a very unpleasant first visit to this office and afterwards, I searched the internet and found lots of bad reviews on them. I wish I had searched and read the reviews before scheduling an appointment as I would have never chose this office for my health care needs. Highly recommend all to search and reads the many poor reviews on this office.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

I will be seeking a new DR after this last appt. I went in for a physical. She never listened to my heart/lungs or looked at my eyes, ears, nose, or throat. She didn't ask me how the medication SHE prescribed was working. She was pleasant, asked about the kids, but I came in for a physical! All she did was write orders for me to go other places (lab for blood, radiology for dexa and mamo, order for EKG somewhere else). After being told to get dressed, I realized she was not coming back and I had questions. I waited another 10 minutes and she came back, 1/2 listened and gave me a short answer. Not sure how that constitutes a physical, these could have all been phoned it! I arrived early, sat over a 1/2 hour until well after my appt time. Finally went to the counter and was called almost immediately; no patients left (i.e. she wasn't with a patient). They apparently were not paying attention. If I hadn't gone back to the counter, who knows how long I'd wait.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I fear she may be misunderstood. I was seeing one of the other doctors and my wife told me to switch to Turnkington. She has always allowed ample time and very open to suggestions. I am not a pill seeker, but the previous doctor I used to see had a hard time writing scrips in my opinion. Dr. Turkington always references her little red book and always discusses options with me. Just open up to her, she really is a great doctor. Very nice and understanding, perhaps a hint of shyness, I can't figure how all these negative remarks came to be. My wife and I have gone to GFP for years and Dr. Turkington is the best.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I will have to agree with rest of comments about her rudeness and rush visit. When you visit, you're only allowed ten minutes then she's off to another patient. She does not give you any time to ask questions. After initial visit, never went back.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

My husband went to her twice and got very little face time with the doctor. He felt that she did not listen to him and blindly ordered more tests each time. My husband was very disappointed with this doctor and will never go back to her again.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

She is very rude. I have changed my doc since my last visit. I waited 35 mins before seeing her then she was in and out before I could ask a simple question regarding the meds she prescribed.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

I had a similar experience. She is very nice, yet does not take time to let you ask questions, saying I will be right back, but sends an RN to end the appointment. I have had this happen all 4 times I have been there.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Dr. Susan Turkington's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1991)