Ratings for Dr. Franklin B. Minirth

I was way over medicated. I was on all different types of medicine and was having negative reactions and when I told him he just told me to keep taking them. I begun having seziures and he claimed it wasn't from the medicine, when I stopped taking the meds on my own I no longer have seziures. I really do not recommend this place. I was over medicated and nobody actually cares about your symptoms. I will never go back to this place. Also, every appointment I've had here, I've waited at least 45 mins after my appointment just to get in so plan on taking most of your day off just to see the doctor for 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

personally i would not recommend him. he has poor listening skills. i get offended or hurt. i think he cares more about business than patient needs. all my psychiatrists were way better. in fact the had way better listening skills and better bedside manner. sometimes he will cater to you for business but will not pay attention to your needs that is a concern for me. what concerns me is that he has more patients than he can handle and not enough time to spend with them and he walks out them and they feel patronized by that. some of them just leave and don't want to business because they feel mistreated and he is not helping. i had issue with the meds dealing with pregnancy i felt he was not taking it seriously so i kind of walked out on him and did not want to do business i felt like he was being kind of stuck up because of poor bedside manner. recommendation for doctors if you cannot handle a large load of patients do not have that many patients.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Love this man! Patient w our son who has OCD, ADD and depression. Showed concern for our entire family. Visits were uplifting and reaffirming.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

WORST DOCTOR IN THE DFW AREA!! DO NOT GO TO HIM!! This doctor overmedicated me. I was on several different medications for bipolar disorder and I was still extremely depressed. He had me on so much antidepressents that it caused me to have a seratonin overdose and I had a seizure. That seizure made it to where I couldn't move my limbs. I couldn't move at all during the time of the seizure and I had lost my voice and I vomited all over myself. Luckily my mother came into the room and she helped me. Then dr. Minirth put me into one of the worst psychiatric hospitals in DFW where he was a doctor. They locked me in a room and forgot about me. They were racist and didnt care about the patients. Dr. Minirth saw me only once the whole 2 weeks I was there. I asked him to please take me out because it was complete hell there and he refused. Finally my parents had to transfer me to Green Oaks hospital where I met my current doctor from the Holiner Psychiatric group at medical city dallas.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Went there for more then a year. When I was suffering from severe depression, he told me I lacked in people skills and kept reccomending a book from many years ago. I told him I was simply depressed, hence the lack of enthusiasm. He insisted that I lacked in people skills. His office staff refused to let me switch Dr's, and stopped calling me back despite several left messages.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

Aweful doctor.. his ego is too big to fit in his fat little bald head. He gives no regards to the patient's feelings, events, and thinks (AND HAS SAID) that he is superior to any other doctor in the field of psychiatry. one example was the ongoing battle with anxiety. Without warning he cut ALL my meds in half for no reason. When i asked him he actually said verbatim: "Its OK, Anxiety never killed anybody." All along the way it has been a ridiculous waste of time, energy mental strength, and most of all, cash money. enough said.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Disrespectful and arrogant. Does not have time to take care of staff bad behavior. If they did not give so many medications with, terrible side effects, you would not need to call the office for help with meds. Addicted to meds., but will find my way with the Lord's help.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

This doctor and Dr. Mech both work in the Dallas area, and each will do the same thing to you. They will over medicate you, and then abruptly withdraw the medication so you go into delirium tremors. This is scary stuff folks for us down here in Texas. Because of Bush we can't sue doctors in Texas, because it's almost virtually impossible due to Bush's pandering to them. Stay away from this guy. Check out the ratings on this site and be safe.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

This is the best doctor in the Dallas area. He really showed that he cared about me and had my best interest at heart. He is also the most thorough doctor I've ever been too. I love this man, not in a gay way, but as a brother. I feel like I can trust him. And most of all he's not judgemental in any way. A rare bird.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

Dr. Franklin B. Minirth's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

WellCare Health Plans