Ratings for Dr. Michael Browne

Horribly rude and arrogant so called "professional". Left feeling worse than I felt going in. I would not recommend him to anyone - just an appointment full of judgement, no helpful comments, and a "why are you even here" attitude trying to make you feel stupid for any problems you try to explain to him. Not at all what people seeking help deserve.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Classic example of a god syndrome, this md should not be practising and seeing patients, he has clinical knowledge of medicines and is about it, which we can get via Google. He is just putting in time until retirement. No helpful patient treatment planning at all, lots of new developments in this field as the knowledge of the brain has expanded dramatically in the past few years. An interested and active doc would have the energy to be on this path. He has missed this completely. Just old school listen and your time is up, next. Cancels at his convenience. Avoid and do yourself and family members a favour.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Very kind man, made me feel very comfortable. Knowledgeable about my medication and gave good advice regarding medication changes.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Horrible doctor. Makes patients already in distress feel EVEN WORSE. Tries to get rid of patients as fast as possible, questions what the patients report as symptoms making people feel under interrogation rather than talking to a caring specialists. Should not be a psychiatrist at a hospital. Hope someone one day will give him same treatment as he gave his patients continuously.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Condescending, arrogant, rude and just a first rate jerk. Definitely in it for the pay check. I wouldn't see him again if he was the last shrink on earth. How he has a job is beyond me. I would never go to the QCH again. You want real help go to either of the Ottawa Hospitals. The help I received at the Civic was top notch.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

My husband had an encounter with this....Dr. on Monday. His rude unprofessional behavior and negative approach created a tail spin effect. Unbelievable the board has not dealt with this person since he's clearly been in tbe field for too long...and whether he should ever have practiced this kind of work. A paper on the wall does not signify quality. This is not a case of a personality clash or a therapy technique gone wrong!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I went to see him once for anxiety, panic disorder and depression first thing he said was what makes you think you have these problems I told him that I was diagnosed with them. He said I was imagining things and I didn't know what I was talking about he got me so angry I told him he was horrible and how did he sleep at night. I ran out of his office and had to go to the bathroom because I was having a panic attack because of him. You couldn't pay me to see him again. I won't be admitted there because he's working at the hospital.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Very poor manners. No constructive advice and RUDE. He mad follow-on appointments only to look at me and say "why do you keep coming back"? A true setback to patients looking for qualified help. Just RETIRE you old worn out "professional..

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Terrible experience. Did not address informed consent or limits of confidentiality. Did not try to foster a positive therapeutic relationship. Extremely judgmental and negligent of perspective. Tried to convince me within 5 minutes of knowing me that I have a drinking problem (I can count the amount of times I've touched alcohol on both hands) and was very interested in writing me a prescription to do away with me, without resorting to my medical file where he can find that I have dangerous reactions to psychopharmaceuticals. No concern for the patient, only concerned about inflating his already enormous ego.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

My mother went to him for over 10 years when she was still alive. She would have been better off with someone else, but he was covered by OHIP and she wasn't confident enough in herself to second guess his abilities. She never seemed to feel better after consulting with him, often she felt belittled by him and over whelmed by the pills he prescribed. He's an old school stereotypical impersonal shrink. It's not you, it's him!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015