Ratings for Dr. Michael Browne

Very kind man, made me feel very comfortable. Knowledgeable about my medication and gave good advice regarding medication changes.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Horrible doctor. Makes patients already in distress feel EVEN WORSE. Tries to get rid of patients as fast as possible, questions what the patients report as symptoms making people feel under interrogation rather than talking to a caring specialists. Should not be a psychiatrist at a hospital. Hope someone one day will give him same treatment as he gave his patients continuously.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Condescending, arrogant, rude and just a first rate jerk. Definitely in it for the pay check. I wouldn't see him again if he was the last shrink on earth. How he has a job is beyond me. I would never go to the QCH again. You want real help go to either of the Ottawa Hospitals. The help I received at the Civic was top notch.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

My husband had an encounter with this....Dr. on Monday. His rude unprofessional behavior and negative approach created a tail spin effect. Unbelievable the board has not dealt with this person since he's clearly been in tbe field for too long...and whether he should ever have practiced this kind of work. A paper on the wall does not signify quality. This is not a case of a personality clash or a therapy technique gone wrong!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I went to see him once for anxiety, panic disorder and depression first thing he said was what makes you think you have these problems I told him that I was diagnosed with them. He said I was imagining things and I didn't know what I was talking about he got me so angry I told him he was horrible and how did he sleep at night. I ran out of his office and had to go to the bathroom because I was having a panic attack because of him. You couldn't pay me to see him again. I won't be admitted there because he's working at the hospital.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Very poor manners. No constructive advice and RUDE. He mad follow-on appointments only to look at me and say "why do you keep coming back"? A true setback to patients looking for qualified help. Just RETIRE you old worn out "professional..

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Terrible experience. Did not address informed consent or limits of confidentiality. Did not try to foster a positive therapeutic relationship. Extremely judgmental and negligent of perspective. Tried to convince me within 5 minutes of knowing me that I have a drinking problem (I can count the amount of times I've touched alcohol on both hands) and was very interested in writing me a prescription to do away with me, without resorting to my medical file where he can find that I have dangerous reactions to psychopharmaceuticals. No concern for the patient, only concerned about inflating his already enormous ego.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

My mother went to him for over 10 years when she was still alive. She would have been better off with someone else, but he was covered by OHIP and she wasn't confident enough in herself to second guess his abilities. She never seemed to feel better after consulting with him, often she felt belittled by him and over whelmed by the pills he prescribed. He's an old school stereotypical impersonal shrink. It's not you, it's him!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

First rate Dr.. Knowledgeable ,real pro. This is a Doctor not a councillor or a therapist. I f you want someone to chat with someone, see a therapist .

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Went to emerg one evening suffering from anxiety and depression. Was treated with medication and given an appointment to see Dr Brown. Show up the next day and check in at the hospital desk and they put an admitting braclet on my wrist. Didn't know why and assumed it was procedure. When I went in Doctor's office, the first words out of the Doctor's mouth were "what's that on your wrist, take that off, don't you know who you are"? He was rude and made me feel like I was not worthy of his time. Told him I was having a problem sleeping and he said "here, try this" and gave me a sample from something on top of his desk. The second appointment, I told him I didn't like him very much and I could see him trying hard not to smile to the point he had to cover his mouth with his hand. I told him I just wanted a prescription for anxiety and he obliged and I never saw him again. It's unfortunate for him he doesn't enjoy his work and unfortunate for the patient that must endure the abuse.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013