Ratings for Dr. M A Jason

I had a vasectomy in 1996. I had to help him with the procedure as he didn't have a nurse that day. He assured me that it was ok, that he didn't Ned a nurse for this. He told me what to do, etc. and after freezing, cutting and suturing we were done. Or so I thought. After a couple if days the area began to turn reddish, and started to swell. I had used alcohol to clean the area a good number of times to keep the area sterile. The stitches he used were still there and did not seem to be dissolving. They were causing the area to become infected. I was in great pain and has trouble walking and going to work. I was working on construction doing excavation work. The boss sent me home and told me not to come back until I was healed. I called Dr. Jason and told him that I was getting an infection and the stitches weren't dissolving. He told me in his office that the stitches he used were "a new kind" and that they didn't dissolve. He then tried to remove them in his office, without any freezing !! It was extremely painful and after he said that I should be ok. He prescribed some antibiotics to help and said I should be fine. Well the problem still existed and during intercourse with my wife my ejaculate was pink, and I was still inflamed and in pain. This whole procedure went on for over three weeks! It ended when I went into my bathroom and with a mirror and some tweezers, pulled out the last remaining stitches that he missed! Only then did I properly heal, but to this day I have pain in that area, and I'm going to my family doctor to have a lump on the left testes examined. This doctor put me through misery and used me as his guinea pig to try out a new material for stitches. If you have a choice to see this guy...DON'T!!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

My father was a patient of Dr. Jason's for over four years, during which he had complaints of difficulty urinating and pain that worsened steadily. To summarize, Dr.Jason dismissed my father's complaints as swelling and eventually recommended a procedure to create a" hole" to allow my dad to urinate more freely . This didn't seem reasonable, thus my dad got a second opinion. At the VERY FIRST visit with the new doctor, a manual exam was performed and my Dad was told that based on that alone the presence of a tumour was likely. It was confirmed by biopsy within a few weeks to have a Gleason score of 9...a high grade cancer which needed surgery and radiation with a possibility of spread still existing regardless of treatment performed. Dr.Jason was prepared to "drill a hole" into a possibly metastasizing tumour. Extremely upsetting. Do NOT leave your care in the hands of this individual

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I've seen Dr Jason after having found blood in my urine. A scan revealed a big stone in my bladder. At first, Dr Jason looks humoristic but, after a while, his coarse language seemed very unusual coming from a doctor’s mouth. Dr Jason did a surgery in order to blast the stone. A month later, blood reappeared in my urine. I went back to see him but he was in a hurry. He did a physical examination and found that my prostate was too big. He decided that it would be best to remove it. Very surprised, I wanted to know more about this surgery (sexual activities and incontinence side effects). Instead of giving me serious answers; he simply pushed me towards the door. To get a second opinion, I asked my family doctor to redirect me toward the Prost cli. I met with Dr Macmahon, after a scope, they found a huge stone in the bladder causing massive bleeding. Looks that during my first surgery not all the stones had been removed. PCC finaly solved my problem. I do not recommend this guy

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Good grief - I don't care how a doctor talks as long as he is competant. People that are honestly suffering probably do not get hung up on the language a doctor uses. I have found Dr. Jason colorful, yes, humorous, yes, capable, yes and professional, yes. He's simply a good doctor and I have been seeing him for regular checkups yearly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

I was so nervous about getting a cystoscopy because honestly who wants a stranger working down there. But, I have to rate Dr. Jason at a definite A+++++++. He made me feel relaxed and very comfortable. He answered all of my questions and his humor made me feel at ease. I have seen the complaints below about his humor but honestly he means well. He understands how nervous people can be and probably goes with humor to try and lighten their anxiety. Dr. Jason, I am so very happy to have had you perform this procedure and I have to say that you are an awesome Urologist. Thank you so very, very much for making a nerve wrecking situation be a great pain-free experience.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

I was a little nervous about going to this doctor after some of the comments. He was very open, friendly, and gave us an excellent explanation of my husband's condition. His exam was done expertly and he was gentle. He mentioned a race horse once and I had to chuckle.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Found him to be great - a no-nonsense doctor, if you need your hand held and to be told to be a brave little soldier, he may not be for you. But I found him and his staff to be friendly, straightforward and very efficient.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

Dr. Jason really needs to learn how to speak to patients. I do not think asking if you can piss is an appropriate way of communicating with someone. He also told me he could feeze my dick and clean me out so I would be able to piss like a race horse. I am asking my doctor to refer me to someone else. I do not consider his speech very professional. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

I had a vasectomy 13 years ago. I have been in pain since then. I have swelling on both tests. I want to sue him!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

My father went to him for many years until he passed away. When a radiologist reviewed his file, the radiologist yelled at the dr for doing unnecessary surgery on my father. Such as cutting into cancerous growths, the radiologist said you never cut into cancerous cells never.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010