Ratings for Dr. Phyllis K. Mandel

I wish I had read these comments before I went to her. I have been trying to connect with her poor her nurse for the weeks and have gotten nothing but silence. I'm finding a new doctor! I give up.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Phyllis K. Mendel at Alpine Medical is a Horrible, Unprofessional, Dangerous physician. See ANYONE else. Dr. Mendal basically made me feel like complete crap in my first and only visit. I see from the reviews that I'm not the only one. I came in for a potentially serious condition for which I had visited the ER before (tachycardia, chest pain, dizziness) . Phyllis Mendal both condescending and rude; when I offered to tell my medical history, Dr. Mendal said she did not want to hear it and said 'not to worry about the past!' This seems both dangerous and incompetent. Unable to offer even a hint of diagnosis, Dr. Phyllis Mendal simply said that she would have to "do research" and i would need to come back for more visits before I got any kind of a response. I suspect Dr. Mendal doesn't care and is looking to bill another visit. She dismissed questions, implied I was an idiot, and treated me like a child.I would not recommend Dr. Phyllis Mendal to anyone I cared about

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Do not go to this doctor. I have been one of her patients and have never had such horrible experiences. There is a serious lack of professionalism displayed by both her and her nurses. Every month I need her to write me a prescription that I then pick up and get filled. Every single time I have done this I have found it to be a huge pain in the butt. Her nurse NEVER returns messages and the only way I can ever talk to a real person is if I call the front desk of the office. Also, both Dr. Mandel and her nurse will just take off random days out of the week for undetermined lengths of time, so I have had to go days without my medication on more than one occasion. I have never been so stressed out by a person. I would not recommend seeing her.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Mandel is an excellent & compassionate physician. She really listens to what I have to say, and is very thoughtful in explaining what she thinks and how I can help to improve my health overall. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mandel, she is the best doctor I have ever had. Her staff are very helpful & friendly.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

I called to make an appointment for a shot, they told me they did the shot there. Went in saw the Dr. she even said that they did the shot, she sends assistant back to tell me that they don't do that. This Dr. just saw me so she could charge the insurance, and did not do anything for me. I have never been so ripped off in my life.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

She is business like, very good. You want a friend or a doctor? I was 20 minutes late and she was busy and she still took time to see me. I like her

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

I find her to be rude. God for bid your in the hospital she will not come to visit you, she rather send her associate who I find to be very rude. Her associate seems to get annoyed when you ask her questions. I am switching doctors due to their bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Mandel for years now. I have always found her helpful and professional, as long as you, the patient is open and honest with her about what's going on with you. Now that she is in her own practice, I find that her appointments are more punctual.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Dr. Mandel is nasty and rude. She has no professional demeanor and a lousy bedside manner. I would never recommend going to her because she has no concern for people and should not be in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Dr. Phyllis K. Mandel's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1988)