Ratings for Dr. Bruce L. Kagan

The whole Partial Hospitalization program is amazing. I have Medicare and Medi-Cal. The only way they accept Medi-cal is if you're under 18, or a senior citizen.Iwas very nervous I wouldn't be. Able to pay my 20% responsibility for Medicare, but thankfully they have a financial forgiveness program, and I didn't have to pay my portion Medicare didn't pay!! Dr. Kagan is the most thoughtful!and knowledgable doctor I've come across. It was the first time I truly felt safe and supported.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

One of the best doctor's I've ever had. He truly cared about getting to the bottom of my issues. Unlike most doctor's he wasn't cold, short and impatient. He was personable and sympathetic while all the time being professional and thoughtful. When I was ready to give up, he wasn't. The negative reviews here do not sound at all like the doctor I know. One of the reasons I wish I still lived in LA.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Kagan is a very caring and knowledgeable in his profession.He has helped our daughter while she attended the UCLA partial program. We surely appreciate his kindness. He was always calm and very informative during our family meetings. He shows concern and care for his patients. What a great doctor!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable, professional, creative, and a kind person. Takes the time to discuss your concerns, answer questions, and educate you on your illness and treatment, and unlike many others in this profession, actually listens to and appreciates your feedback. Would HIGHLY recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

Brilliant, caring, best listener I've ever seen (of doctors), spent way more time with me than I expected, took the time to explain even molecular details of why he was recommending medications, took explicit responsibility for my care (including apologizing when things weren't working...!!!). Can't imagine a better doctor. Shame on the person who reviewed him four times here to bring the rating down. Psychiatry is an inexact science, hardly Dr. Kagan's fault. Please. And the partial program referenced by another poster is fairly ethnically diverse. There are long wait times, yes, but symptom severity/inpatient experience weigh more than color, $$$, etc.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

I was assigned to him as an inpatient at UCLA. The previous doctors were very attentive and concerned, but no appointment with him lasted for more than 1 minute and he discharged me in 2 days. Waited a month to get into his partial program while he told me that it was full. Yet, several caucasian friends I made started and finished the program while he was telling me it was full. Went back 2 months later and went through the same thing again. Was given 4 different reasons for why I was being denied treatment and each answer was disproven by other people I know in the program. I was lied to for months waiting to be treated, when they could have said they did not want me in the program and I would have been free to seek treatment elsewhere. This is patently unethical. I was in need of treatment and he kept me waiting while my white friends were getting into the program in 3 days tops. People like him should not hold the keys to treatment-

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Ignored a brain tumor/seizure disorder and instead came up with diagnosis of severe depression; prescribed cointraindicated medication that almost killed me. Prior to discharge, demanded direct cash payment in order to secure names of possible follow-up outpatient providers.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

He is kind, extremely competent, knowledgeable and professional.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Great doctor. Very concerned with patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

He had me on two medications that were contraindicated which could have resulted in a stroke. Thank God I have a GREAT Pharmacist whom informed me of the problem with the two meds, which Dr. Kagan did not. SHAME ON HIM!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Dr. Bruce L. Kagan's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1982)