Ratings for Dr. Rebecca M. Fenichel

I liked her. Most visits she was focused, but not all. It doesn't matter anymore because I called the office for an appointment and was told she moved her practice to Westchester. It would have been nice if she sent out some sort of notice...it would have been the respectful way to do things....esp when you have three pills left and your medication was discontinued.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Fenichel is very knowledgable and helped diagnose me. She was terrific but her staff was rude.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

My experience with Dr. Fenichel was excellent. I found I could talk to her about my concerns without being cut off and I felt confident in her skills and recommendations. My calcium levels were too high and I need to examine my thyroid/parathyroid. I was trying to get pregnant as well and was anxious as to the diagnosing and being treated as quickly as possible. She gave me confidence in laying out the treatment options. After the appointment, we stayed in close touch through phone and email on the results and she helped co-ordinate my visit to Lenox Hill (for a systemibi) and she pulled strings to get me in as soon as possible with the Chief endocrine surgeon at NYU and I am very grateful. The best part about Dr. Fenichel is that I felt she really ‘owned’ my case from beginning to end. I kept thinking to myself how ideal it would be to have all doctors work in this fashion. I didn’t feel I was on a rotating machine and am glad I found her.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

I just had my second visit with Dr. Fenichel and she, once again, was friendly, honest, open to questions and most of all, thorough. In NY's maze of physicians, some rude, some too quick, some just okay, I was very fortunate to find Dr. Fenichel. By the way, she also called me with my test results as soon as she got them.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Caring, knowledgeable,good bedside manner and made me feel at ease from having bad experiences in the past. At the end of the appointment she put her hand on my shoulder and said that I was going to be fine. Very comforting and reassuring.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I am sorry that someone had a bad experience. It almost made me not go, but I'm so glad I took a chance. I've been in the medical profession myself and I can tell you firsthand that she is thorough, she is patient and she is open to questions. She's got a perfectly good bedside manner and I'd recommend her to anyone. Her staff was extremely pleasant. Her location is around the block from a garage that accepts $10 coupons (go to parking site) so you can drive to her office. I was very early for my appt. I was taken ten minutes earlier.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Fenichel seemed confuse me with other patients and accused me of missing appointments and blood tests when I was not scheduled for any. At my last appointment accused me of being a day late in the middle waiting room in front of other patient while I was holding my 6 week old son in my arms!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Stay away. I arrived early for my appointment. I walked into the office and there were no other patients waiting. After waiting for more than a half hour past my appointment time, during which no one came or left the office, I asked how much longer I had to wait. I was told they would have to find me a room in the back. This means that after being brought to the back I would have an additional wait. Just another Doctor who has no care about anyone's time but their own.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr Fenichel is a terrific endocrinologist. She is caring, kind, and knowledgeable. After YEARS of misdiagnosis with other doctors, in one appointment she diagnosed me with PCOS and solved all my health problems. She always gives plenty of time to to with her patients, her staff is professional and friendly, and Dr Fenichel always returns calls in a timely manner. If you need an great endocrinologist, go to her!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Rebecca M. Fenichel's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)