Ratings for Dr. Scott Henderson

this should not say he is retired...it should say he lost his licence due to taking advantage of his patients!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I will miss him very much....over 30 years with him....He was the best doctor ever....Our family wishes him well.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Henderson has been my Doctor for 27 years (since I was born) and I am VERY greatful for everything he has done for me. Every time I have gone in (even when it seems busy) he takes the time to really get to the root of any problem. He maintains a great rapport and is always polite and caring. He practices with great professionalism and offers excellent suggestions and referrals when necessary. I have since moved about an hour away from Whitby and I still make the drive to see him because he's one of the best Doctors I've met.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

I have known Dr. Henderson since the day I was born as he assisted with my delivery over 26 years ago. He is the greatest doctor out there. Sometimes the wait times are long even if you have an appointment, but he takes the time to explain what's going on and what your treatment options are so the wait is well worth it. I can go in there with any problem and feel better when I leave. Wonderful bedside manner. My father has some very complicated illnesses and I can truly say that he is still alive today because of Dr. Henderson. You can tell he cares about my family and our well-being. He has been a part of our lives for so many years and words cannot express how thankful we are to have such a wonderful family doctor!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Awful experience with Dr. Henderson. He is blunt, rude, impatient and insensitive. I saw him during a walk in visit to the Whitby Clinic, and he couldnt have cared less about my painful condition. He questioned (rudely) my ability to prioritize my time. Minimalized my condition. He asked stupid questions about whether I have "made the time" to see specialists related to my condition. If he would have actually read through my file he would have seen I have visited over 10 related doctors, surgeons etc. He is everything a doctor should NOT be. I feel he has become too comfortable in his position over the years and has lost his ability to be sensitive to patients, listen to their symptoms, or make any effort to show the slightest bit of concern in their condition. He just wants to get you in,get you out of his office ASAP. Unless your dying to get into a walk in clinic at the last minute, I would NEVER go back and see him. thank god he isnt my family doc!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

I have been a patient of his for 19 years and he has always been the best listener, extremely knowledgeable, kind, compassionate. I have MS and Fibromyalgia and he has always taken very good care of these issues for me by referring me to the appropriate specialists and makes sure that the necessary tests are appropriately prescribed and if he needs to research something he does it. Sure everybody has to wait for him but the only reason for his tardiness is that he takes his time with each patient. He is very thorough and it's very hard to find a doctor nowaday, who doesn't rush you through your appointment. If anything, Dr. Henderson goes over everything with a fine toothcomb and I'm not going to complain about that! Sometimes I'll even call the office just before my appointment to see how late he's running and I'll adjust the time I go there accordingly. I hope he's around for as long as I need him. I don't think you could replace him with someone like him as he's one of a kind!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

We have know and used this doctor for 30+ years. He has served our family of 7 all this time and now my inlaws and grandchildren see him. If we had wanted another doctor in his clinic or elsewhere we would have done so years ago. His wait times are****ndous but the time he spends addressing his patients needs make up for that problem.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

Dr. Henderson one of a kind. The most considerate, understanding and thoughtful doctor I have ever met. He cared for my children when Whitby Clinic was the old house with Dr. Butts. Sometimes you would wait 1 hour to see him, but you always knew he would give you the one hour if you needed it. He was thorough, never assuming and very humble. He went through a great tragedy when his wife passed on of just a short marriage. They had a little adopted boy and Dr. Henderson loved him as his own. Dr. Henderson was shocked by the loss of his wife with an aneurism. I do not think he has recovered from this fragile loss. My heart goes out to him and family because he is the best of doctors and such a terrible thing has happened. I pray God will help you Scot as my children are now 34 yrs. and 36 yrs. and you have cared for them since 4 and 5 years of age. You have always been our family doctor and always will be. Stay Strong and we love you and support you.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Larry is a fantastic doctor. He takes the time to listen and contribute to the conversation and doesn't claim to know everything. I've had some problems with addiction while my wife has had some medical issues. Her previous doctor did very little to assist her and Dr. Henderson agreed to accept her as a new patient. It is true that he does ask for your opinion and uses his knowledge and experience to make an informed recommendation. The personable attributes of Dr. Henderson have always made the trip to the Doctors office very enjoyable and a worthwhile experience. I sincerely hope he continues to practice.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. Scott Henderson has been our doctor for about 30years. He has always been a gentlemen to myself and my husband . He has been wonderful with my sister with down sydrome and my five children. I pray for him and for him to move forward and please let him to continue his practice.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009