Ratings for Dr. Richard Pittini

Dr. Pittini is lovely and is available to answer questions patients have during appointments, however the wait times can be abysmal (2 hours or more) and calls are rarely, if ever, answered between appointments. The secretary is absolutely incredible and very welcoming.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Originally I saw 2 other gynos at sunnybrook both of whom did not want to deal with my issues. Dr pittini was the last 1 I was willing to try there. Immediately he had ideas about treatment and sent me to other specialists who were more knowledgable in what I was going through. 2 years later I was pregnant with my first child and wanted him as my ob, he was always friendly and caring with a smile on his face, even though I was having some issues during my pregnancy he was always offering advice. His secretary was so friendly and very nice to all. The only issues is once I gave birth and after my post partum check I called to ask about an issue going on with me, his office was closed for a week in the summer but I left a msg and no one called back I even called a couple other times and nothing.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

The best of the best. Seriously. He listens, he offers explanations and rationales and he is extremely knowledgeable. A wonderful human being and doctor. I was blessed to find him and he has been there for infertility, endometriosis, two miscarriages and two healthy babies. I drive from a fair distance to see him and it is worth it. He is at the top of his game, teaching residents, publishing papers, doing research and a leader in his field. He follows up promotly and appropriatey and always keeps your care at heart. Zakira is a wonderful office admin and very organized.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Love Him! I have been suffering from endometriosis and all its fun since I was 16...Several surgeries, infertility etc. Finally found Dr. Pittini...he actually listens!! Like really listens...he doesn't rush you and he works with you to find a solution. Can't explain how relived I am to have found him after all my struggles......He truly is a wonderful Dr.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Amazing doctor. Dr. Pittini actually cares and is very thorough. I went to Dr.P with a problem that other doctors didn't seem to want to treat... he was amazing and took me in. Love him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Pittini is very pleasant and puts you at ease. Very efficient without feeling rushed.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Pittini has been my OB/GYN for almost 20 years. He is, by far, the BEST doctor I have ever had the privilege to know. He is exceptionally knowledgeable, skilled, compassionate, and caring. Dr. Pittini goes above and beyond when assessing and treating his patients. He always takes the time to listen and takes time to educate and explain his diagnoses/plans/treatments. Dr. Pittini has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. Dr. Pittini was instrumental in assessing a very serious condition, acted upon it immediately, and ensured I received the best care possible. I would recommend Dr. Pittini to anyone who is looking for an excellent OB/GYN. I thank God that Dr. Pittini is my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr.Pittini is my OB during my two pregnancies. He is always nice, knowledgeable and helpful. he answers every question I asked with details, and has amazing bedside manners. In my second pregnancy, I planed to deliver the baby in the States at 38 weeks. I was so worried that the airline will reject me boarding. I told Dr.Pittini my concerns, then he checked my ultrasound records and adjusted the due date accordingly, making it more accurate. Eventually I delivered the baby in the States successfully. His assistant Zakira is the sweetest girl I've ever met. Always nice, delightful and helpful. I highly recommend Dr.Pittini and Zakira. If I would deliver the 3rd baby, they are definitely my choice.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I found the secretary very helpful and always friendly however the wait times are just too much. I always had to see a resident first and while I understood this is a teaching hospital having to see a resident at every visit just made my appointments longer than they had to be. Dr pittini was friendly enough and easy to talk to however I found him to be almost too dismissive of all my questions even when some of them should have been investigated further. That paired with the wait times is why for my next pregnancy I'll be seeing a different doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

This was my first time seeing Dr. Pittini. Since Sunnybrook is a teaching hospital, I saw a resident first for the initial discussion. when Dr. Pittini came in later, it was clear he was fully briefed. Efficient teamwork. Dr. P was calm, knowledgeable, really nice and not rushed before or during the procedure. Zakira, his admin, was excellent as well....delightful, helpful. I arrived about 15 minutes early and they took me in right away... no waiting. Perhaps that is because I was the first appointment of the day. All around, I highly recommend Dr. Pittini!!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016