Ratings for Dr. Richard Pittini

I saw Dr Pittini once and then I switched. I have nothing against this Dr personally because he seems very kind and caring, but his wait times are completely terrible. I arrived for my appointment at 10:30 and was supposed to be at work at 1. I figured that was ample time but I was wrong , I had to call in sick that day because at 1 i was still sitting in his office waiting. Which was a waste of a sick day if you ask me. I asked some of the other patients waiting if this was normal or just an off day and they all told me it was common and at each appointment so far they had waited at least 2 hours in there. Clearly they overbook and cant keep the flow of the office running at a reasonable pace. There was NO outside emergency as He was present in the office the whole time as was the Resident working with him, so I don't know what was the issue. I understand he may take the time with each individual appointment but at some point you have to stop booking patients and give the existing patients you have the treatment they deserve rather than having patients waiting so long. I also had a pretty hefty parking bill because I was waiting there so long, which times that by however many times I would have had to go would have added up quickly, I understand theres parking passses you can get but then you'd also have to wonder if youre going to need to take each day off spent just waiting around. I have a friend in health care and she said Sunnybrook is known for awful wait times and over booking. I think if you live nearby or if you have a eventful history with pregnancy , or you don't mind waiting around all day then this hospital would be great for you. But for people like me who have no existing health issues that would effect our pregnancy or if you have places to be, choose a different hospital to give birth at. I chose a different reputable hospital in Toronto to give birth at and had a great experience the whole way through.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

My review seems to be the opposite of others on here, I thought he was ok but nothing special in my opinion. After suffering three miscarriages all within two years without explanation I knew for my fourth pregnancy I wanted a specialist to look over me. I asked my family dr to refer me to a dr at sunnybrook being that they are supposed to be amazing. When I had my first visit he seemed relatively unworried about my history and hardly acknowledged it. Not sure if this was his attempt at calming me or not but it came across as uncaring. My baby was weighing quite large at my 32 week ultrasound and he seemed again unworried, Bevause if this the later part of my pregnancy wad extremely uncomfortable and he didn’t want to induce me even at 37 weeks when it’s safe to do so. When I gave birth it was difficult for me because my baby was quite large and after delivery I bled quite a lot because my baby was so big and my uterus grew so large according to the drs. I continued to bleed pretty heavily for weeks after delivery and at my post partum visit was still bleeding a lot but he said it was quite normal. Two weeks after my six week check I began suffering through extreme exhaustion I was so tired I was napping three times daily and wouldn’t even hear my baby cry at night, my husband did all night feeds. My family dr did blood work and I was extremely anemic due to the amount of blood loss and had to have intravenous iron because of it. Overall I think he should have induced me sooner to avoid all of this as even after birth my baby weighed more than 9 pounds and needed tests to make sure she was ok while we were in hospital. All this could have easily been avoided.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr Pittini is a wonderful Doctor. Very professional and extremely empathetic. This is my third pregnancy with him. He is calm and collective. Always The only issue as always is the wait times. To get an appointment takes a long time, and then it's usually an hour wait at the office before being seen. Although his previous secretary Zakirah was more efficient to return calls, and on the ball, Marilynne is pleasant and kind. I would recommend this office to everyone !!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr Pittini is a rare find! I am grateful for him talking me on as his patient. I wish I had trusted theses reviews years ago! Maybe my life would be different but I am so happy and relieved with all the work Dr. Pittini did. I can enjoy my life now...pain-free. After 3 other opinions, I walked out of my consultation with Dr. Pittini feeling ‘happy’, confident and at ease! He explained all the options available to me and my partner and seemed truly supportive of whatever we wanted to do. I never felt judged or criticized about my past decisions...his response was...you are here now. I hope that all the doctors training with him not only learn from his skill and expertise but also his respect of patients. Many thanks!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Pittini is the best ob/gyn I've had. He is punctual, informative, gentle, and calm. He always makes you feel like you are the only patient he has. He ensures he explains the results of tests thoroughly, asks if you have any questions, waits until you tell him everything before he jumps in with his information. His staff is very gentle and caring as well. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. Pittini is a gentle doctor with tremendous calm, patience and attention. He truly exemplifies professionalism coupled with beautiful bed side manners. Forbes 5 star for sure.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

the temporary office admin was unpleasant and not professional. the waiting time is also too long.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Pittini is lovely and is available to answer questions patients have during appointments, however the wait times can be abysmal (2 hours or more) and calls are rarely, if ever, answered between appointments. The secretary is absolutely incredible and very welcoming.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Originally I saw 2 other gynos at sunnybrook both of whom did not want to deal with my issues. Dr pittini was the last 1 I was willing to try there. Immediately he had ideas about treatment and sent me to other specialists who were more knowledgable in what I was going through. 2 years later I was pregnant with my first child and wanted him as my ob, he was always friendly and caring with a smile on his face, even though I was having some issues during my pregnancy he was always offering advice. His secretary was so friendly and very nice to all. The only issues is once I gave birth and after my post partum check I called to ask about an issue going on with me, his office was closed for a week in the summer but I left a msg and no one called back I even called a couple other times and nothing.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

The best of the best. Seriously. He listens, he offers explanations and rationales and he is extremely knowledgeable. A wonderful human being and doctor. I was blessed to find him and he has been there for infertility, endometriosis, two miscarriages and two healthy babies. I drive from a fair distance to see him and it is worth it. He is at the top of his game, teaching residents, publishing papers, doing research and a leader in his field. He follows up promotly and appropriatey and always keeps your care at heart. Zakira is a wonderful office admin and very organized.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017