Ratings for Dr. William E. Shay

Dr Shay is amazing. Professional and knowledgeable. The best.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Shay was kind, supportive and thourough. He shows compassion to his patients and keeps in communciation with them. He was the best doctor I have ever encountered in the medical field and I have seen many doctors due to my anxiety. He was OUTSTANDING! I can't wait to go to the cape and visit him with a thank you gift!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Dr Shay cares about his patients. He really does and that translates into my feeling taken care of and known. I also trust his knowledge and he has treated me now for several years for a serious condition, and I am happy to say that I am doing extremely well.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Shay for more than 10 years now. He is an amazing doctor and I am lucky to have him. He is extremely knowledgeable and concerned about his patients overall well being - not just physical but emotional as well. For small ailments, they often send me to an assistant (like if I come in with the flu) who are also good but not as great as Dr. Shay.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Shay doesn't take all insurance, and he often doesn't have room for new patients as he has a very popular practice. There is good reason for both of these, but I'll focus on the latter: Excellent bedside manner, knowledgeable, up to date, thorough, and appreciates interactive patients. He's up to date on LGBT health issues as well, and makes very good selections for specialist referrals. He's encouraging, not judgmental, so you feel more free to talk about any subject. He's often very busy, so it can be hard to get an appointment, but if it's urgent you can get a same day or next day appt with him or his Physicians Assistant.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. William E. Shay's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1981)

Commercial Insurance Company