Ratings for Dr. Kaliyur G. Venkataramana

I like this doctor. If you are looking for chat or socializing he is not the man but I don't go to the doctor for that. He was extremely thorough when I had heart palpitations due to anxiety, he gave me a heart monitor and an echo, just to be sure it was only anxiety. Also, I had irregular bleeding and he did a sonogram there and then to ensure it was not an early stage problem pregnancy, only a polyp. It saved me time and stress by not having to visit my OBGYN. His staff are great. Also, he reminds me to have my moles checks at the derm. I have seen him somewhat interact with older patients at the front desk and I could tell he was helpful.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I agree with the other reviews on this doctor not confident on what he says and seems to be low on the knowledge aspect. The staff is helpful and easy to get appointment shows that not many patients visit this doctor. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone else, better try to get someone else.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Not very informative and does not appear confident in what he says. It's easy to sway him either way with questions. Also sent my blood to a wrong lab (i.e. not approved by my insurance carrier) resulting in a $500 bill to me for no reason.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

This doctor is very good about calling in your prescriptions and appointments are easy to get, but he always seems disinterested and gives vague answers to my questions that are not helpful. I need to feel that my doctor is interested in guiding me toward improving my health. The internet has been more informative. Because of this, I can't tell if he's knowledgeable or not. Sometimes he'll just ask me for my weight and write it on the chart instead of actually taking it. Shouldn't accurate details be important to a doctor? I need to feel confident that my physician can diagnose potential problems in advance and not just brush me off when I come in with issues. On the other hand, the staff is very friendly and helpful but ultimately, that's not enough to keep me coming back. Perhaps you will have a better experience but mine has not been good.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Kaliyur G. Venkataramana's Credentials

• Chinese

• Jjm Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Davangere, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1977)