Ratings for Dr. Kelly Chun

BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR!!!! My worst experience ever was with this doctor. I wasted so much time and money for NOTHING. She kept making excuse after excuse to not give me medication to help my known diagnoses. She even went so far as too demand notes from all my other doctors before giving me anything but didn't bother to tell me this till the 7th visit. She got angry when I told her I really needed medication and couldn't keep waiting.. After all it is why I was there... She then wrote me a script for Xanax which I have never even had before and told me to get out of her office she didn't want to be my doctor anymore.. very unprofessional & I am debating reporting her.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

After a nightmare experience f 4 weeks with another psychiatrist, I found Dr Kelly Chun. I came to her a mental mess, confused, depressed, emotional. This is a Christian office, clean, pleasant waiting area. Awesome, friendly staff. Dr. Chun is a delight. I have never had a physician count my mental health meds. This impressed me, as this gives her the bases as to how the patient uses or abuses the RX and when she needs to make refills. She correctly diagnosed me! Prescribed the right RX. I have never felt so mentally healthly and normal. Each follow up visit Dr Chun is excited for me. I created her for probably saving my life!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Chun is extremely pleasant, thorough and careful in her examination process. Dr. Chun is thoughtful in finding medication(s) suitable to ones mental health challenges and seeks to identify from the TRUTH of information provided to her by the patient, to prescribe a medication that will not cause too much discomfort when first taking/being prescribed medication(s). I have found her to be extremely broad in thinking, compassionate and empathetic.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

I was with Dr. Chun for approx. 5 years. It's come to a place in our relationship where I don't think she knows how to help me anymore. A few weeks ago I told her I felt like I needed to check myself into a hospital and she matter-of-factly said "Why don't you?" I did not find that helpful in any way whatsoever. In fact, it hurt because she didn't ask me why or anything. Maybe she was having a bad day, but that's not the first time conversations like that one have took place. The last straw came when I called into the office for guidance on what to do with my mood and the current med she had me on and she told me she didn't know how to help me and told me to come in or wait until my scheduled appt. In the past, she would have told me how to tweak (add, etc.) my med and her response this time made me feel like she didn't want to be bothered with me anymore, which in my opinion went along with her response to my saying I needed to be committed. She is usually very kind and loving.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Chun is an excellent psychiatrist. She is compassionate, thorough in her care, attentive to clients, and professional in every way.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Chun is knowledgable in psychiatry. Her demeanor is, at best, short and curt. There are additional fees for some services that other doctors do not charge. Does not take adequate time with patient. I asked her for a med change for over a year.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

Excellent psychiatrist! She's very knowledgeable and takes the time to talk to patients carefully about medication and other treatment options.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Dr. Kelly Chun's Credentials

• Yonsei Univ, Coll Of Med, Sudai-Moon-Ku, Seoul, So Korea (Grad. 1986)

Ameritas