Ratings for Dr. Alec J. Style

doctor did not listen . refused to help me with back pain .refused ivp . had kidney stones [diagnosed by another doctor ]. Gave me no pain med[.does not listen] and is rude and preoccupied, and judgemental. assumes too much.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I transferred practices because of this person. He misdiagnosed a very simple skin condition that my sister, a nurse, diagnosed correctly). Very spaced out. The NP at this practice seems to know far more than he does.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2008

He volunteered need for ultrasound for AAA check, because my lifetime tobacco use indirectly added up to an amount suggesting this at my age. Also, recommended appropriate tests for cancer. He answers my e-mails promptly and fully.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

DID NOT LISTEN, LEFT WHILE I WAS STILL ASKING QUESTIONS , BARELY LOOKED UP FROM HIS LAPTOP WHEN I WAS TALKING

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

Dr. Style has been my family physician for many years. He is the best doctor I have ever known because he is very professional, more than experienced in his field and very helpful. What is very important to me as a patient is that he takes his time, listens to all of your questions and although I can be too "long-winded" at times, he has the ability to immediately focus and to give precise and correct answers. One never feels rushed in his office. I also like his helpfulness and friendliness, he is "down-to-earth" and not arrogant as one finds with other doctors. He regards patients as human beings and not as some machines with faulty parts which is very important to me. I was very sick at one time and his help was the best I could ever have received. The job as a doctor is not one of the easiest in this world, yet he is always very polite and has a friendly smile which makes this patient feel fully at ease. I can recommend him highly and without hesitation to any patient.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

very unhelpful and rude. He already told me what I already knew and he was very rude to the person I had come into the room with me. I would ask him a question and he would stare at me for about 15 seconds and then not fully even answer my question. He would walk out of the room talking to me and that is very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Style has been my family Dr. for 11 years. He has taken a long term preventative and diagnostic interest in my health. He provided very accurate advice on anti-malarial medication for travel abroad. He is a very helpful and experienced doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

always late.not very compassionate just looking to get paid.dont care if your in pain.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Dr. Alec J. Style's Credentials

• Univ Of Birmingham, The Med Sch, Birmingham (352-01 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med