Ratings for Dr. Shawke A. Soueidan

I was diagnosed with intracranial hypertension and narcolepsy in 2010 and 2012. When my problems began, I visited 13 neurologists in Richmond, and no one could diagnose me. I was also disappointed by the bedside manner of all the neurologists I saw. I was referred to Dr. Soueidan by a friend, and as a last resort, I made the 75 mi trek to see him. Three years later, I continue to make this trek. Not only did I receive a firm diagnosis, but he listens to all concerns, involves me in planning my care, and never leaves me feeling like just another patient. He recalls past conversations, addresses me by my first name, and never fails to shake my hand when he greets me. Sure, he is always late, but that is because he dedicates ample amount of time to all his patients. He is a great doctor and a kind, decent man, and I wouldn't trade him for a speedy doc. EVER.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

The man is a genius. Pure and simple. Kind of like House but smarter.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I'm a 60yr old white professional married male, 5 children, and have been under Dr. Soueidans care for approx 10 months. He is an exceptional neurologist who saw me quickly after being referred by an equally outstanding neuro-surgeon. This doctor is highly empathetic which I believe comes from a wide breadth of experience with patients with neurological conditions. My appointments are relaxed and quick not simply because he is in high demand but because he is extremely intelligent and knows quickly what is wrong and how to get me well.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

I really like this doctor. It is very obvious that he cares. He does what he says he is going to do. He explains things to me. And his staff is fun and caring, just like the boss.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

This doctor is horrendous - he spends not time with you; is rude and abrupt and the only time he did spend with me and my spouse was 45 minutes trying to sell us a new migraine drug with a co-pay of over $100 - it was similar to a timeshare sales presentation; other than when he's pushing new drugs he had no regard or concern for the patient or for the actual reason you're there (I wasn't there for migraines) - stay clear of this doctor

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Just started having grand mals about a year ago at the age of 29. First saw a neurologist in Richmond. Was unsatisfied with him. Had another seizure in March. ER doctor referred me to Williamsburg. Im so glad they did. Had another seizure May 1. Called Williamsburg Neurology answering service. Dr. called me in less than 10 minutes! Am very pleased.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

i waited a few months for an appt but let me tell you, WORTH THE WAIT!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I moved from another state in 2005 looking for a Neurologist who was compassionate and very knowledgeable. I found him on the FIRST try. Dr. Soudian has always answered ALL my questions, never left me wondering (and I'm a worry wart). He is in my opinion, as wonderful a person as he is a doctor. He makes me feel comfortable to talk to him which is usually hard for me. He's never failed to help me and he always been reassuring when I have been afraid of a test or a new medication. I feel privedged to have found such a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor, who talks to me on my own level, giving me all needed information and options, especially since I chose him from Yellow Pages when I was a new resident in this city at the time. God bless Dr. Souiedan!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr. Soueidan is one of the most caring physicians I have ever encountered. He is very sincere. Most of his patients have a disappointing diagnosis, but he is supportive and helpful. He is one of the few MDs who will work patients in if they need to see him right away. He has an incredible memory and is brilliant.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

I always come with a list of questions. He is patient and caring. I've been going to him for 15 years, and I feel he is as much friend as physician.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

Dr. Shawke A. Soueidan's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1986)