Ratings for Dr. Barry F. Walter

I've had a hernia on my right side repaired 6 times by different surgeons. The repairs never held until Dr. Walter fixed it laproscopicly. The surgery took much longer than expected because he said he put in the biggest piece of mesh he ever did and took his time to ensure I did not have to have it repaired again. I laughed and told him all the surgeons talk big after surgery but only time will tell. Well it's been about 12 years and his repair has held. The recovery was much easier also because it was done laproscopicly. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

I had breast cancer 7 years ago. Dr Walter was kind, concern, and went out of his way to ensure everything from surgery, to radition, to chemo went as it should. He recommended touch not radiation and oncology specialists, and consulted with them to provide me the best care possible. The surgical scars are barely visible. Last year, he and my oncologist stated that I'm cured. I will continue to see him for my checkups because he knows my history. I trust him and would recommend him again.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Walter. I saw him because he was the first available doc in his group and I had a hernia that needed immediate attention. After the surgery, he dismissed my concerns that the repair didn't work and said the mesh is almost a sure fix. He never even touched my stomach when I came back after the surgery (two visits post-op since it still hurt). My primary care doc ordered an unltrasound when I complained to her and there was clearly still a hernia. I saw a new doc who took pics when she went in to do the procedure. Both pieces of mesh were balled-up in wads. No wonder it hurt! She thinks he did this when he closed the incision, pulling the patches off just as quickly has he placed them. If he had bothered to listen to me, I could have had this fixed 18 months ago, instead of dealing with the pain every time I laid down or got out of bed. Doctors like Barry Walter need to learn how to listen to their patients rather than being arrogant and dismissive.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

A FIRST CLASS SUGEON WITH AN EXCELLENT OFFICE AND SURGICAL STAFF.REMOVED A LARGE TUMOR FROM MY RIGHT GROIN.ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SURGERY I HAVE EVER HAD.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I had surgery back in February and have been very pleased with Dr. Walter. I recommend him. I've had no complications or complaints from the surgery and only follow up with him because I had a medical device implanted that needs to be checked periodically.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

performed surgery for a abdominal hernia. Used what was then the new procedure called "mesh". Less than a year later I returned due to still having a bulge, he claimed it was ok. Three yrs later I returned again due to still having a bulge, he said it was still ok. Went to my PCP doc approx 6mo ago for a full physical when she informed me that the hernia was NOT ok and needed surgery on it as soon as possible or I run the risk of strgulation of my intestines. Also screws that hold the mesh in place began to push through my skin & come loose 6mo after surgery, he attempted to remove them in the office with scapel in hand and no anethesia. Excrutiatingly painful and bloody, so he ended up having to remove them in a hospital setting. Do NOT go to this guy, he is a ****.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

He did surgery on me last year, was careless and cut a piece of my bladder off and put me together wrong. Now I have to go and have everything done all over. The new surgeon has no idea what he will find because they could not do the colonoscopies on me. The doctor from last year made a blockage. DO NOT EVER GO TO HIM

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

He is a very good surgeon, but his bedside manner is nonexistent. He spends very little time with patients, explaining procedures and answering questions, but then he is in a very busy practice.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Dr. Barry F. Walter's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1991)

Harvard-Pilgrim