Ratings for Dr. Aitezazuddin U. Ahmed

This was the first rheumatologist I saw in the Rochester area. He squeezed my knee, declared I had fibromyalgia (I don't - they weren't tender points he was pressing, it was my enthesitis due to spondyloarthritis). When I told him I didn't have any of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, he told me I had a rare collagen disorder (I don't), again an assumption based on the enthesitis. And that was it. He said he couldn't help me; that I believe. Now seeing a rheumatologist who has put me on a biologic which is working amazingly well. A shame that a rheumatologist would miss such a classic case of a spondyloarthritis.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Absolutely awful experience. I have been to 6 rheumatologists in the past 10 years for my severe autoimmune disease, and have never been so unimpressed with a physician. Doctor is rude, condescending, and COMPLETELY uninterested. New patient consultation lasted about 10 minutes, most of which was spent with him hunting and pecking at his keyboard. Your first appointment with a rheumatologist should last AT LEAST 45 minutes, and a great doctor will take much longer. He asked me one question about my symptoms. ONE. My favorite part? When he said that the swelling and bone formation in my neck and both of my shoulder joints was due to my being overweight. Apparently I walk around on my head and hands, wth??! Thank goodness I already have my diagnosis (several real doctors agree), or I would have been devastated walking out of his office. This man is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. No wonder I was able to get an appointment in 3 weeks when all the other rheumies in ROC have long wait lists...

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr. Aitezazuddin U. Ahmed's Credentials

• King Edward Med Coll, Univ Of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan (Grad. 1988)

Ameritas