You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ken Atkinson

Had an endoscopy at New West Surgical Centre with Dr. Atkinson this morning - amazing care from him and the staff. I knew I was in good hands. I would highly recommend him and this surgery centre.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Had a recent colonoscopy at the New West Surgical Clinic with Dr Atkinson. From start to finish could not have been treated better. Since it was my first, I was quite apprehensive but my worries were needless. All the staff were kind and thoughtful, and all my questions were answered. Dr. Atkinson explained everything as it was happening and I would recommend him and this surgery centre highly.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Been with him for about 5 years now and he genuinely cares and takes interest in your general health. The best thing, though, is that I don't think I've ever had to wait past my appointment time in his waiting room, and I'm usually out of there prior to my appointment time even begins (I get there 15 minutes early). Every other medical office/clinic I have to go to I know I'm in for a 30 minute wait at the least. When it comes to his quality of service, I am confident in his knowledge, experience, and recommendations. He is relatively open minded to trying different things and definitely gives my own perspective a lot of consideration.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

This is one of the best doctors I have been to. His bed side manner is excellent. He knows his stuff, he explains everything. He is super friendly and his office staff is the same. I had every confidence in the procedures he was doing and now a year later, it all is just as he said it would be. I strongly recommend him for a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Been a patient of his for 20 plus years and as wonderful as he was then, he's gotten himself a big dose of God complex. I don't trust him with my care anymore as he's change from advocate to obstacle. He knows his stuff and if he likes you you will get fair treatment, if not, he will not care about you and leave you without an ounce of compassion or empathy. I desperately need to change gastros but the wait lists for a new one are ridiculous. He has abandoned me and left me struggling to survive simply because my case has become to complex for him. I have had to find care elsewhere and of course they call him and Instead of Cooperating he refuses to discuss my case. The only reason he won't discuss it is it hurts his ego to admit its beyond his capacity. He has let me down many times and has no inclination to help me in anyway anymore. It could happen to you too. Move on to the next doctor

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Had a number of tests done and follow-up visits. Compared to a few other specialists I have had he is at the top. Great personality and great patient relationship.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I was impressed with his personability. He was patient and explained procedure in lay terms. Did the colonoscopy and basically I fell asleep. All in all the procedure was painless and no discomfort. Worst part was hospital gown. LOL

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

A very carely Doctor and very helpful. Have been seeing him for years.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Dr. Ken Atkinson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an endoscopy at New West Surgical Centre with Dr. Atkinson this morning - amazing care from him and the staff. I knew I was in good hands. I would highly r..."

December 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a recent colonoscopy at the New West Surgical Clinic with Dr Atkinson. From start to finish could not have been treated better. Since it was my first, I w..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "did not take my issues seriously - was really of no help to me at all. Felt worse when I left than when we began!"

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor, super friendly and knowledgeable. So lucky to have a doctor like him. Cheryl"

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Been with him for about 5 years now and he genuinely cares and takes interest in your general health. The best thing, though, is that I don't think I've ever ha..."

July 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 3W5". Address has been updated from "None" to "301 Columbia Street East". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045250155".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is one of the best doctors I have been to. His bed side manner is excellent. He knows his stuff, he explains everything. He is super friendly and his of..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Been a patient of his for 20 plus years and as wonderful as he was then, he's gotten himself a big dose of God complex. I don't trust him with my care anymore a..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Had a number of tests done and follow-up visits. Compared to a few other specialists I have had he is at the top. Great personality and great patient relations..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was impressed with his personability. He was patient and explained procedure in lay terms. Did the colonoscopy and basically I fell asleep. All in all the pro..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "A very carely Doctor and very helpful. Have been seeing him for years."

December 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a very caring and knowledgable dr. I am glad i was sent to him."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, very caring, and if required he spends lots of time with you. His nurse is a great assistant and can help you when he is not in the office or if y..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Don't know if this Doctor is actually proficient because his office refused my referral because I had seen another specialist years before and Dr. Atkinson ref..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very Knowledgeable and gentle. Had a colonoscopy and gastronoscopy at the same time. They sedated me and I didn't feel anything!"

November 9, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "So lucky to have a Dr. like him! He knows his stuff inside and out. when your really sick... he,s the guy you want looking after you!"

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor. Never rushes his appointments and very eager to chat. Has a great RN at his side who is always available if he is busy. Very comfortable with ..."

September 28, 2014