Ratings for Dr. Ken Atkinson

So happy to have Dr. Atkinson as my specialist. i was diagnosed with crohn’s 2 years ago and he seemed to be very knowledgable and realistic. Staffs are awesome too. Very quick to help and answer your calls. His nurse SHAUNA is great in helping and answering any concern you have. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Previously a patient of this doctor for several years. When I moved I had to see a surgeon for a scope which diagnosed an esophageal problem. Asked my GP to send me back to Dr A but after waiting a month to hear from him was told to see a specialist in my own health district although his office is much easier for me to access. Not a nice way to be treated. Definitely won't recommend this office or doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

A rock star! Gastro scoped me 17 years ago and very compassionately delivered the news. Scoped me this week and hasn't lost his love for what he does. Both times there were no after effects. Both times he knew exactly what was going on and delivered the results there, and then. He's THE gastro guy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

This guy knows what he's doing, excellent with the scope, highly skilled, worth waiting for!! Outstanding personality, can't even tell you had the procedure!! THAT kind of skill!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Had a gastroscopy with Dr Ken Atkinson. As expected, I was nervous about the procedure. From the moment I arrived all the staff were so warm and friendly and put me at ease. Dr Atkinson spoke to me as well before. He was very informative, personable and comforting. I don't recal anything that happened during the procedure and had zero pain or discomfort before, during or after. What a great experience for a medical procedure.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I've been a paitient of Dr. Atkinsons for around 15 years and think he is an amazing Doctor. I trust him completely to make the best decisions for my health.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

It's impossible to make an appointment w/ Atkinson. The receptionist will just not answer the phone, not to mention that their automatic phone system is completely flawed. Call the telephone number > listen to the automated message for the extension number >enter the extension number > hear the phone ringing > wait for the receptionist to answer but nothing happens > automated message system automatically loops you back from the start Rinse and repeat a few times until you randomly get an option to leave a voice message or receptionist picks up. I think it's time for Atkinson to get a new office clerk and reprogram their automated message system.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I have been a patient for 2.5 years now and could not be happier! I have a complex case and did not respond to various medications and Ken & Shauna did their very best to find a treatment method that worked for me. Excellent staff and very knowledgeable - Now with my follow-ups I am in and out of the office quickly and never need to wait.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Had an endoscopy at New West Surgical Centre with Dr. Atkinson this morning - amazing care from him and the staff. I knew I was in good hands. I would highly recommend him and this surgery centre.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Had a recent colonoscopy at the New West Surgical Clinic with Dr Atkinson. From start to finish could not have been treated better. Since it was my first, I was quite apprehensive but my worries were needless. All the staff were kind and thoughtful, and all my questions were answered. Dr. Atkinson explained everything as it was happening and I would recommend him and this surgery centre highly.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015