Ratings for Dr. Ken Atkinson

It's impossible to make an appointment w/ Atkinson. The receptionist will just not answer the phone, not to mention that their automatic phone system is completely flawed. Call the telephone number > listen to the automated message for the extension number >enter the extension number > hear the phone ringing > wait for the receptionist to answer but nothing happens > automated message system automatically loops you back from the start Rinse and repeat a few times until you randomly get an option to leave a voice message or receptionist picks up. I think it's time for Atkinson to get a new office clerk and reprogram their automated message system.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I have been a patient for 2.5 years now and could not be happier! I have a complex case and did not respond to various medications and Ken & Shauna did their very best to find a treatment method that worked for me. Excellent staff and very knowledgeable - Now with my follow-ups I am in and out of the office quickly and never need to wait.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Had an endoscopy at New West Surgical Centre with Dr. Atkinson this morning - amazing care from him and the staff. I knew I was in good hands. I would highly recommend him and this surgery centre.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Had a recent colonoscopy at the New West Surgical Clinic with Dr Atkinson. From start to finish could not have been treated better. Since it was my first, I was quite apprehensive but my worries were needless. All the staff were kind and thoughtful, and all my questions were answered. Dr. Atkinson explained everything as it was happening and I would recommend him and this surgery centre highly.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

did not take my issues seriously - was really of no help to me at all. Felt worse when I left than when we began!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Amazing doctor, super friendly and knowledgeable. So lucky to have a doctor like him. Cheryl

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Been with him for about 5 years now and he genuinely cares and takes interest in your general health. The best thing, though, is that I don't think I've ever had to wait past my appointment time in his waiting room, and I'm usually out of there prior to my appointment time even begins (I get there 15 minutes early). Every other medical office/clinic I have to go to I know I'm in for a 30 minute wait at the least. When it comes to his quality of service, I am confident in his knowledge, experience, and recommendations. He is relatively open minded to trying different things and definitely gives my own perspective a lot of consideration.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

This is one of the best doctors I have been to. His bed side manner is excellent. He knows his stuff, he explains everything. He is super friendly and his office staff is the same. I had every confidence in the procedures he was doing and now a year later, it all is just as he said it would be. I strongly recommend him for a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Been a patient of his for 20 plus years and as wonderful as he was then, he's gotten himself a big dose of God complex. I don't trust him with my care anymore as he's change from advocate to obstacle. He knows his stuff and if he likes you you will get fair treatment, if not, he will not care about you and leave you without an ounce of compassion or empathy. I desperately need to change gastros but the wait lists for a new one are ridiculous. He has abandoned me and left me struggling to survive simply because my case has become to complex for him. I have had to find care elsewhere and of course they call him and Instead of Cooperating he refuses to discuss my case. The only reason he won't discuss it is it hurts his ego to admit its beyond his capacity. He has let me down many times and has no inclination to help me in anyway anymore. It could happen to you too. Move on to the next doctor

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Had a number of tests done and follow-up visits. Compared to a few other specialists I have had he is at the top. Great personality and great patient relationship.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015