Ratings for Dr. Marc J. Kozinn

Dr. Kozin was pretty awful. He was lacking in many ways. He wasn't listening to any of my concerns that I had about my health. He would give you an awful grin, but didn't hear a word I said. Although I was in good health, he still wanted me to come back for an office visit every 3 months. I became very upset when I questioned him about this and I ended up not returning to see him. The staff however was excellent.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Kozinn is just plain awful. Pay no attention to the glowing reviews below...they match exactly ones on other review sites and all claim him to be "a great listener," and "he saved my [INSERT FAMILY MEMBER HERE]'s life." Baloney. He has the listening skills of a rock and the bedside manner of Attila the Hun's mother-in-law. He prescribes medicine at the drop of a hat and requires you to come in to see him every time you need a refill (great way to keep billing the patient's insurance, doc!) I saw him twice; he was more horrible each time. Completely misdiagnosed me and wanted to put me on heart medication for a problem it turned out (through a good, thorough exam by a quality cardiologist) I did not have. Did I say he was awful? Well, he is.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Good doctor.Most comprehensive examination I ever had with a physician. He helped get my blood pressure controlled and with less medicine. Very thorough and caring doctor. His staff was very helpful. Satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

No bedside manner at all. Staff tries. He yells at them. Acts like a know it all. Hates to be wrong and will make excuses. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I am glad I found Dr Kozinn. He has really helped me lose weight and feel better. I was pleased that I see the doctor on every visit, not a nures practitioner or assistant like other offices I had been to in the past. I feel Dr Kozinn is really helping me improve my health. I like his philosophy of holistic care and prevention. The office staff is very nice too.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

MD visit consited of assessment of breadth sounds only. I was having [problem with fluid retention and MD did not assess for edema. Dr. Kozin was very rude and unprofessional. Appears to lack knowledge rgarding pharmacology. Did not listen to my concerns. Offc staff used profanity in presence of patients.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Dr. Kozinn was absolutely awful. He interviewed me, but asked no questions about the 2 most important criteria for good health: diet and exercise. I have "White Coat Hypertension" (my BP is 20-30 points higher when measured in a doctor's office); he dismissed it as "something from the 80's" (his exact words.) On my follow-up visit I showed him studies from peer-reviewed journals contradicting him on this (and several other points,) he denied what he had originally said (I had someone else with me who witnessed what he said both times) and ignored the information I brought. He is condescending, rude, poorly-informed on important matters in his chosen field, and plays subtle intimidation games which he became frustrated I did not give in to. Upon reading his visit notes in my file I saw he had a number of points incorrect, including saying I refused to schedule a stress test, despite having told him not 10 minutes before that I had one for next week. Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Sometimes orders repeated tests that are unnecessary and does not always provide instructions (eating for example) prior to a test. Will not refill a prescription without a visit (every 90 days) even if on drug long term.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. Kozinn is a very kind and caring physician. He spent a lot of time with me. Dr Kozinn really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Dr Kozin was extremely thorough in his examination. He discussed my family history at length which no other doctor did in the past and showed a real concern and interest in preventative medicine which I found refreshing. He adn his staff are very pleasant to work with. I do recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2006

Dr. Marc J. Kozinn's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1999)