Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Zuckman

I have to agree with the comment about listening to his patients. He assumes without first doing diagnostic testing, made me feel as though I was making up symptoms by asking are you sure that is what you feel? It's unprofessional and incorrect. As a healthcare professional your job is to listen to your patients symptoms objectively, do the diagnostic tests (blood work, urine) and get those tests as quickly as possible in order to determine if antibiotics are necessary. I appreciate conservative approaches, but there is a difference between being dismissive and investigating and applying the correct treatment.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

I unfortunately had a very bad experience with this doctor. The office staff was very nice, but the doctor himself was not friendly and did not take his time to listen to me. Very sad to have seen such great reviews, and not have the same experience as others. I'm a healthcare professional, and stunned at the lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Z now for over 5 years. Initially he was within a 10 minute walk from my Sunnyside apartment. I have since moved to Suffolk county and insist on continuing my treatment at this office (despite the hour plus drive). Primarily because the staff are exceptional. Jennifer, the receptionist, always goes out of her way to help me, always! I am forever greatful for all she has done for me. Dr. Z is very down to earth and he always takes the time to sit with me, answer every single question/concern I might have, etc. and most importantly, he always takes the time to educate me! I really value that the most in a doctor, one who is willing to educate and work *with* me toward treatment. He does not overprescribe drugs; he seems to take a more practicle common sense approach. I feel comfortable coming to him, he is easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Although Dr. Zuckman is a reasonably good doctor, I was unhappy with his office staff. One person lied to me about his hours, saying I would be the "first patient" at 10am when in fact the office opened at 9am, resulting in a very long wait. This sort of thing happened more than once. I can't recommend Dr. Zuckman unless you're willing to consistently wait a long time past your scheduled appointment time.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Always nice, even though I moved away it's been 10 years now that I have been seeing him. He is very personable, take the time to discuss, always remember our previous discussions and pretty much always on time.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Always willing to fit you in. Staff is nice. Dr. Zuckman is friendly and does not rush you. He does not push unnecessary medicine on you. I have been seeing him for 5 yrs.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Michael R. Zuckman's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1986)