Ratings for Dr. Mandana Shafai

Dr. Shafai is a qualified, knowledgeable doctor. However, she is cold and seems uninterested in her patients. Combine this with a medical assistant and admin staff who are unhelpful and sometimes impolite. I wanted to schedule an annual physical with her and asked if I could get the bloodwork done before the physical so we could discuss the results at the appointment. I was told by the medical assistant that I needed to have an appointment first, then get blood work, then have another appointment to discuss results. I pointed out the wastefulness of this approach and got nowhere. Asked if i could speak with Dr Shafai and was denied. Have tried emailing three times to speak with Dr Shafai, but have received no response.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I wanted to write a note of my great appreciation for the help I received from Dr. Mandana Shafai at Advanced Health Center in Arlington, VA. I had shared with Dr. Shafai that I had been suffering from extreme fatigue and she ordered a blood test. She discovered that I had some vitamin deficiencies (4 different vitamins) and gave me the vitamins that I was deficient in along with a B12 shot. Within a day or two I started to feel better! The B12 shot helped not only with energy but cleared up immediately some brain fog which B12 has in some studies shown to be helpful. God bless you very much Dr. Shafai for taking the time to listen and care enough to check out my fatigue complaint. Thank you also for the added mental clarity that the B12 shot gave me!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Shafai treats her patients as a "whole" person NOT a number! She LISTENS and CARES! Unlike most docs, Dr. Shafai is willing to take the time to find the underlying cause of the problem and not just "put a bandaid" on the symptom! She is willing to explore alternative options and not just write you a prescription for an antibiotic! Dr. Shafai is a "diamond in the rough"!!! Make an appointment TODAY!!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

The staff and doctor is great , helpful and polite. I would recommend Them to all my fiends

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

Dr Shafai is one of the BEST , she is caring & follow up always. I can tell she truly cares. I am happy to find this Doctor. She & her staff are always respond to the need of the patient & never make you wait always on time,helpful & CARING + NICE.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

She was always late seeing patients, one time I waited 45 minutes after my appointment. She also charges for EVERYTHING, to call in a perscription and to transfer medical records. She seems to nickel and dime people for everything. I would not use her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

She is very professional and caring. I called her for a reoccurring reaction a few months after my original appointment and she pushed me in. She has done this a few times for me in the last few years and I know she does this for other patients that are open and communicate to her how she can help. I will continue to follow her to any office.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

OUTSTANDING DOCTOR! I have been a patient of Dr. Shafai's for 2 years. She is an amazing Doctor who is concerned about her patients. She is knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a great Doctor and a wonderful practice!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I was very impressed with Doctor Shafai's knowledge and bedside manner. She took the time to answer all of my questions in detail, was easy to talk to and she truely cared. I will recomend her to all of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

She is very professional, friendly and caring.She does a thorough checkup and treats accordingly. She doesnt overprescribe. Her staff are also friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Dr. Mandana Shafai's Credentials

• Wright State Univ Sch Of Med, Dayton Oh 45401 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA