Ratings for Dr. Charles Helm

Not to impressed when the doc thinks they are better than me

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr Helm is my daughter's doctor. She had high blood pressure during pregnancy. Approximately 8 weeks prior to delivery, she felt uneasy and called Dr Helm, after hours. He met her at the clinic and immediately sent her by ambulance to Dawson Creek, to await air ambulance transfer to the neo-natal unit in Kamloops. Weather delayed the flight, and by the time Sarah (my daughter) arrived at the Royal Interior Hospital, her kidneys and liver had stopped working and her brain was swelling! When the staff got her in for a C-section, she was experiencing convulsions. Within minutes, the baby was delivered, and Sarah's symptoms began to normalize. Baby was 3 lb, 14 oz, but was able to breath with some assistance. A day later, the IV to control convulsions was removed. Baby is now nursing, gained 3 oz, and mom is great. Dr. Helm accurately diagnosed HELLP, a rare condition. When delivered, baby and Sarah had less than an hour. Charles saved the lives of my daughter and grandson!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

I have a chronic medical condition that has involved two major surgeries, several hospital stays, and umpteen visits with specialists. Charles was one of the best. He listened carefully, took his time, and consulted with the necessary specialists. He even called the hospital in Edmonton where I underwent major surgery to make sure that everything would be place in Tumbler Ridge when I returned home. He treated me through three pregnancies and cared for my children after they were born. I have not been as confident in my medical care since we left Tumbler.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

He was the DR. that suspected that I had prostate cancer, he was right and had the biopsy done. I can not thank him enough

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Not only is Dr Helm a professional and knowledgeable doctor, he is an asset to Tumbler Ridge and the surrounding area. His commitment to the north and to the sustainability and natural development of T.R. is commendable. He has treated me on and off over the last 15 years and I have never second guessed his assessments. He has been my doctor in some tough spots and has always provided me with the appropriate counsel.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr Helm is one of the great doctors that I have seen over my life time. Great bed side manner and very knowledgable

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

Dr. Helm suspected that I had prostate cancer and sent me for a biopsy in Dawson Creek. The biopsy was positive and the tumor was well advanced. I was operated on in Vancouver by Dr Allan So. I owe Dr Helm a debt of gratitude for being so aggressive in the manner he handled my case.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

has a good sense of humor, is kind and careing willing to send you elsewhere if he does'nt know whats wrong with you

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

HOPEFULLY, THIS DOCTOR HAS IMPROVED. NEVER OFFERED ME TREATMENT OR MEDICATION OPTIONS FOR CARDIAC ARRYTHMIAS OR TORN KNEE CARTILAGE. HAVE HAD TO RECEIVE CARDIAC ABLATION SURGERY, LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF THE TORN CARTILAGE, AND FINALLY A TOTAL KNEE REPALCEMENT FOR THESE DIAGNOSES AFTER I LEFT TUMBLER RIDGE AND WAS ACTUALLY TREATED BY KNOWLEDGEABLE DOCTORS. +++TIME/PAIN.IF HAD BEEN DIAGNOSED PROPERLY AND TREATED IMMEDIATELY COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Very helpful and goes out of his way to make sure you and your family are felling better body and sole

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007