Ratings for Dr. Richard Lovell

Went to see Dr. Lovell for a suspected throat and ear infection. Looked in ears said they were red. Swabbed my throats but because it wasn't strep he told me to let it run its course. I asked him to please prescribe me an antibiotic because I was very ill and it felt like more then a virus with the fever and inability to breathe right or properly swallow. I went home and continued with my 41c fever. My airway further restricted and I needed to be rushed to hospital. It was a throat abcess and required antibiotics steroids and I ended up hospitalized. The abcess was visible in the back of my throats looking in a mirror. He is an idiot. If you want a real doctor go anywhere else but his clinic. Furthermore when swabbing people he had them all stand in a little room together and have his helper do it who appeared untrained. There was no confidentiality in the services provided. Horrible horrible doctor and clinic! Waited four hours to see this joke!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Lovell's for 25 years. He is knowledgeable and seems to genuinely care about his patients. In a town like Amherstburg, where there are not enough doctors, he keeps it timely, while giving excellent care. I have tried other docs in town and waited 3-4 hours in the waiting room for substandard care. I would never go anywhere else. And, like the last rater, I will be sad when he retires.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Lovell. He is knowledgeable, his staff is great and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see him, although he has a lot of patient. I have 5 children and he loves kids! Wouldn't go anywhere else and I will be sad when he finally retires.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Very rude, arrogant and uncaring. Could care less about my pain, mocked me and laughed at me when I said that I cant afford to be in pain when I have four small kids at home. So mean and insensitive.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Rude. Arrogant & uncaring of his patients physical & mental being.

Submitted April 5, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Lovell for over 10 years and have never had a single problem with him or his great staff. I have never waited more then 15 minutes for an appointment. He is pleasant , funny and listens to what I say. He cares about me and ask how my life is going and other things of that order. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

A very arrogant and insulting doctor. gave my granddaughter pennicillin knowing it gives her hives.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Prescribed my 4 month old son amoxicillin after we told him about a family history of penicillin allergies. We asked if that was safe and if we should look for any signs that our son carries the same allergy and he said if he turns blue and stops breathing then he's probably allergic. Needless to say we did not give our child the medicine and consulted his regular doc. It's truly unfortunate, he is rude and careless to the people who come in for help. The receptionist at the Amherstburg clinic is quite lovely, however.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Worst Dr I have ever been to rude arrogent and has no knowledge of medications

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Went to see him once. Told him I had a head cold and felt conjestion in my ears. He then turned to his computer, typed somthing in, then told me I was all set. When I asked him what he did, he said he sent the request for an antibiotic, asthmas medication and a steroid nose spray to the pharmacy. This was without even checking me! When I questioned the fact that he had not checked anything, he replied that I had already told him that I had an ear infection. When I told him that I do not like to take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary and I didn't have asthmas, he said "take what you want" and walked out.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011