Ratings for Dr. James A. Traver

Dr. Traver has a very condescending and critical attitude toward the patient. My aged parents see him, unfortunately, for my father's ailments. They are 85 and every time they come out of there they are angry and want to cry. He gets upset with them for not knowing exactly what medications my father is taking, for example. He makes them feel stupid and useless, even though my father is a retired physician and my mother has a college degree. We would switch doctors, but my father has a terminal illness and does not think it is worth it. I don't know how his medical skills are, but his human skills are nil.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

I asked my wife's endocrinologist (who also came highly recommended) who her primary was, and she told us hers was Dr. Traver. I have seen lots of doctors, and my impression is this: While he may be one of the last people I would want to invite to a party, if I had something majorly wrong with me, he would be the first person I would want there. By this I mean, instead of gaining social skills, he always had his head stuck in a book. However, he is not mean, although he can be clinical at times. I would feel very very good about any diagnosis he may make.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

He gives a list of providers he wants you to choose one to follow up with. Then when you do, he asks why you went to that one! He makes the pt feel bad when they think they were doing what he asks and didn't, and during the appt he kept admonsihing the pt, which due the exisitng problem the pt was experincing was totally unprofessional, he lacked compassion. When calling for lab results, the office sends the requisition not the results!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

For what it's worth, I am a patient of Dr. Traver, and I am also a doctor (so I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in this profession). Dr. Traver is one of the good ones. He is a bit of a medical geek: very knowledgeable and logical in his approach to treating me. He has a quirky habit of mailing me notes to explain his reasoning or to share laboratory results, which is pretty cool. He's very accessible: I have had no problem getting an appointment, and his staff is laid-back and efficient. He calls to follow-up, too. In fact, if you want the primary care doctor that doctors frequently choose as their own, Dr. Traver is the one. Hope that helps.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

dr traver is very knowledgeable and caring. i truly believe he has the best interest of the patient in mind

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

This is not meant to be slanderous in any way, more of a warning for older patients. In my opinion, Dr.Traver seems to have a hidden agenda concerning older patients. Our loved one was refused nutrition and essential medical procedures and for all practical purposes, slowly being starved to death while under his care! Add to this a phone call assault (each day, very early) with the good doctor urging "legal euthanasia" ie, morphine drip. He seems to have a messianic complex and is visibly upset when opposing opinons are presented, no matter how logical or sound. The patients family was forced to go around his order and have the operation done by an intervening physician, in order to keep the patient alive. The patient lived past Dr. Travers predicted demise for almost a year. Thank God we didn't let him have his way. The only reason he is not being sued is the stress increase is not worth it. I have many witnesses to this and would testify under oath that this is true.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. James A. Traver's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Syracuse, NY