Ratings for Dr. David Otto

Had both my knees replaced by Dr. Otto very kind and gentle and I had 2 excellent results am now pain free and mobile

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Did the surgery on my first torn ACL and made the process easy. He was very informative and answered any questions I had

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I seen Dr Otto for my torn ACL, he is very knowledge and is a great surgeon. He will be preforming my surgery in 4 months time and I wouldn't want to be in the hands of any other surgeon! He interacted with me and we accomplished so much at the appointment. He was precise about everything he talked about, and made sure I understood everything that would happen during the surgery. He also made sure I was well educated about my surgery going into it. Great surgeon! Thank you for all the help, I appreciate it :)

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

he's a great surgeon ,and a great sense of humor .when I first met him a doctor had sent over my x-ray to him and he saw me within a week , suggested that I quit smoking and to lose some wait .no problem did what he asked and had the surgery on both legs then a knee replacement 8 years later now have to have another knee replacement great doctor would recommend 100% him

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Cost me two years of my lit. You messed up there, guy.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Had Dr. Otto perform my ACL surgery in 2002. Excellent results and was back playing competitive sports again. This is a much delayed review!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Appointments not booked on day that I was informed they were. First visit the staff conveniently "forgot" to check me in and I finally got to see Dr.Otto about 1.5 hours after my appointment. He then proceeded to tell me nothing could be done and that I needed to just put up with near constant pain and discomfort of an unstable knee with a large cyst and half a meniscus; as there was "Nothing that he could fix". Terrible person all around as I shouldn't be told that I need to find new hobbies and sports as my knee won't be functional in most things. Oh and that nothing can be done to change this. If I could give 0's across the board I would. Worst doctor I have ever been to by far.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Otto is everything anyone ever wants in a surgeon. He was calming, intelligent and most importantly confident in his abilities. He basically could have told me he needed to remove my head for the surgery and sew it back on and I would have trusted him and said OK! When the surgery was over, I had no complications and barely any pain. Back up and working full time in 3 weeks (desk job). Followed his post operative care instructions and was back playing basketball BRACE FREE in no time. Now I play basketball better than I ever did before. Basketball is my life! Dr. Otto saved my life and I will never forget it! Most importantly- everything in my surgery happened exactly how Dr. Otto said it would. This is the most important thing in my opinion. It shows knowledge in his field, it shows confidence in his abilities and it shows you he is a surgeon you can trust!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

After my second Total Knee Replacement in six months, I must say that Dr.Otto and the staff at the Hip and Knee clinic in Edmonton far exceeded my expectations for promptness and professionalism in dealing with my surgeries and my after surgery care. Dr. Otto's calm and thoughtful manner exudes confidence in all things. By the way both knees are healing wonderfully and I look forward to resuming what was once an active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had a tibial plateau fracture from a car accident, so I did not have a choice or, any pre planning.Withou knowing anything about Dr.Otto, my immediate reactions were, what an amazing doc with more knowledge about knee injury and repair than one could ever ask for.Makes you feel as though you are his only patient, but handles so many it is hard to believe.Most exceptional doc I have ever met,and I have met many.Dr.Otto is above and beyond,he has the best personality and is overflowing with intelligence .The very best of the best.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016