Ratings for Dr. David Otto

Had Dr. Otto perform my ACL surgery in 2002. Excellent results and was back playing competitive sports again. This is a much delayed review!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Appointments not booked on day that I was informed they were. First visit the staff conveniently "forgot" to check me in and I finally got to see Dr.Otto about 1.5 hours after my appointment. He then proceeded to tell me nothing could be done and that I needed to just put up with near constant pain and discomfort of an unstable knee with a large cyst and half a meniscus; as there was "Nothing that he could fix". Terrible person all around as I shouldn't be told that I need to find new hobbies and sports as my knee won't be functional in most things. Oh and that nothing can be done to change this. If I could give 0's across the board I would. Worst doctor I have ever been to by far.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Otto is everything anyone ever wants in a surgeon. He was calming, intelligent and most importantly confident in his abilities. He basically could have told me he needed to remove my head for the surgery and sew it back on and I would have trusted him and said OK! When the surgery was over, I had no complications and barely any pain. Back up and working full time in 3 weeks (desk job). Followed his post operative care instructions and was back playing basketball BRACE FREE in no time. Now I play basketball better than I ever did before. Basketball is my life! Dr. Otto saved my life and I will never forget it! Most importantly- everything in my surgery happened exactly how Dr. Otto said it would. This is the most important thing in my opinion. It shows knowledge in his field, it shows confidence in his abilities and it shows you he is a surgeon you can trust!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

After my second Total Knee Replacement in six months, I must say that Dr.Otto and the staff at the Hip and Knee clinic in Edmonton far exceeded my expectations for promptness and professionalism in dealing with my surgeries and my after surgery care. Dr. Otto's calm and thoughtful manner exudes confidence in all things. By the way both knees are healing wonderfully and I look forward to resuming what was once an active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had a tibial plateau fracture from a car accident, so I did not have a choice or, any pre planning.Withou knowing anything about Dr.Otto, my immediate reactions were, what an amazing doc with more knowledge about knee injury and repair than one could ever ask for.Makes you feel as though you are his only patient, but handles so many it is hard to believe.Most exceptional doc I have ever met,and I have met many.Dr.Otto is above and beyond,he has the best personality and is overflowing with intelligence .The very best of the best.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Great Doctor. Knowledgeable, kind, respectful. Very excellent experience.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Otto repaired my medial meniscus bucket handle tear. Top notch professionalism, bedside manner, caring and patient.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I am blessed to be a patient of Dr.Otto for the past 17 years. He is without a doubt an exceptional surgeon with a heart felt personality. He repaired my torn ACL in 1999 and replaced my knee in spring 2016. Both surgeries were meticulous and impressive. I do want to give a shout out to his staff at the multiple locations he services. Dr.Otto is a very busy re-assuring and confident man, who always makes you feel like you are his top priority. Never rushed and always optimistic makes him a very desirable surgeon to have. I consider myself to be very fortunate to be his patient.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I had an ACL reconstruction done by Dr. Otto and he was nothing short of spectacular on all spectrums. His staff were all very helpful and kind, and Dr. Otto himself was very knowledgable and personable. Being a very active person in various competitive sports I was worried I would come out of this surgery with chronic pain, and never be able to regain my range of motion and strength. Well here I am 3 years later and I am able to do everything I could do before plus more. The fact that I was participating in a mountainous half marathon just short of a year post-op was mind blowing for myself. I could not thank him enough for what he gave me, and that was the ability to go back to my active lifestyle with no pain and restrictions! Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Simply the best, I had an acl surgery, in 2002, the repaired knee is better than the other one. I am a saucier/entremetier/chef and on my feet 50 hours a week. I am shocked that I have no pain. Thank you so much. Helene Bolduc.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015