Ratings for Dr. David Otto

After my second Total Knee Replacement in six months, I must say that Dr.Otto and the staff at the Hip and Knee clinic in Edmonton far exceeded my expectations for promptness and professionalism in dealing with my surgeries and my after surgery care. Dr. Otto's calm and thoughtful manner exudes confidence in all things. By the way both knees are healing wonderfully and I look forward to resuming what was once an active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had a tibial plateau fracture from a car accident, so I did not have a choice or, any pre planning.Withou knowing anything about Dr.Otto, my immediate reactions were, what an amazing doc with more knowledge about knee injury and repair than one could ever ask for.Makes you feel as though you are his only patient, but handles so many it is hard to believe.Most exceptional doc I have ever met,and I have met many.Dr.Otto is above and beyond,he has the best personality and is overflowing with intelligence .The very best of the best.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Great Doctor. Knowledgeable, kind, respectful. Very excellent experience.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Otto repaired my medial meniscus bucket handle tear. Top notch professionalism, bedside manner, caring and patient.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I am blessed to be a patient of Dr.Otto for the past 17 years. He is without a doubt an exceptional surgeon with a heart felt personality. He repaired my torn ACL in 1999 and replaced my knee in spring 2016. Both surgeries were meticulous and impressive. I do want to give a shout out to his staff at the multiple locations he services. Dr.Otto is a very busy re-assuring and confident man, who always makes you feel like you are his top priority. Never rushed and always optimistic makes him a very desirable surgeon to have. I consider myself to be very fortunate to be his patient.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I had an ACL reconstruction done by Dr. Otto and he was nothing short of spectacular on all spectrums. His staff were all very helpful and kind, and Dr. Otto himself was very knowledgable and personable. Being a very active person in various competitive sports I was worried I would come out of this surgery with chronic pain, and never be able to regain my range of motion and strength. Well here I am 3 years later and I am able to do everything I could do before plus more. The fact that I was participating in a mountainous half marathon just short of a year post-op was mind blowing for myself. I could not thank him enough for what he gave me, and that was the ability to go back to my active lifestyle with no pain and restrictions! Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Simply the best, I had an acl surgery, in 2002, the repaired knee is better than the other one. I am a saucier/entremetier/chef and on my feet 50 hours a week. I am shocked that I have no pain. Thank you so much. Helene Bolduc.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I had ACL surgery and meniscal repair done by Dr Otto just over a year ago (March 2014). Exceptional service from his staff, going above and beyond normal expectations, and out of their way to help. Dr Otto himself was extremely patient, thorough but speedy, and simply very caring. He did an excellent job explaining the details of the procedure, as well as what I should be doing beforehand, and also what to expect throughout recovery. He was always very calm, no matter how busy he was, and always made me feel relaxed an comfortable. I can't give him a high enough rating.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Got my surgery done 1 year ago for a bucket handle meniscus tear. If you are reading this you are obviously checking him and worried about the procedure, as was I. You are lucky if he's doing the work, he is very competent. My advice is do whatever strength training you can before and after (as carefully as you can). You get what you put into it. Still had a fair amount of 'scar tissue' pain 6 months out...a year now and it's very close to gone. The knee will never be as strong as it was but I'd say I'm 90% and walking around normal.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Otto. The first knee which was done a year ago has healed wonderfully, I have great range of motion and no pain. Before it was done there were days I could not even get out of bed. The second knee was done 5 months ago and is still giving me some grief. But I think Dr. David Otto is the greatest. Come prepared with your questions. He takes wonderful care of you in the hospital. Has a wonderful assured confident manner. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014